I am not usually inclined to use empathic words to describe things, however our stay at Naboisho camp (and Rekero) was a unique, fascinating, life-enriching experience that we will never forget.
Staff at the camp is welcoming in the genuine sense of the word, which allows you to feel at home from the time you first step out of the little plane that will probably get you there.
The abundance of wilderbeests, zebras, and gazelles creates a great environment for seeing most cats in action (cheetas, leopards, lions) and herds of elephants.
The tents are very smart and provide you with a comfortable experience while at the same time keeping the environmental footprint low, so that animals feel free to roam the camp at night.
The cost of our safari was not low, however this kind of experience made us feel as if, for once, we were travellers and not tourists.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the 210 km² private Mara Naboisho Conservancy, Naboisho Camp offers spectacular game viewing, from the herds of antelope that dot the plains of this wilderness corridor throughout the year to the high concentrations of predators, including lion and cheetah. But the real magic of Naboisho is its sheer exclusivity - you'll experience a level of safari solitude and serenity simply unheard of in the busy Serengeti and Maasai Mara reserves. With just nine spacious tented suites, Naboisho is an intimate and elegant safari camp that balances your wilderness experience with discreet creature comforts. Even better, it is one of just two Asilia camps where you have the option of fly camping. If you have a truly adventurous spirit, don't miss out on this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to immerse yourself in the magic of the African bush. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Jovago.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Naboisho Camp, Asilia Africa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Naboisho Camp, Asilia Africa Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Naboisho Camp, Asilia Africa Kenya/Masai Mara National Reserve