Naboisho Camp, Asilia Africa
Fairmont Mara Safari Club(Masai Mara National Reserve)
US$633
US$403
Fairmont.com
  • Breakfast included
Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels(Masai Mara National Reserve)(Great Value!)
US$349
US$177
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Leopard Hill(Masai Mara National Reserve)
US$590
US$485
Travelocity
Mara Leisure Camp(Masai Mara National Reserve)(Great Value!)
US$209
US$192
  • Breakfast included
Mara Siria Camp(Masai Mara National Reserve)
US$392
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Sarova Mara Game Camp(Masai Mara National Reserve)(Great Value!)
US$368
US$224
  • Breakfast included
Azure Mara Haven(Masai Mara National Reserve)(Great Value!)
US$291
Travelocity
AA Lodge Masai Mara(Masai Mara National Reserve)
US$206
US$176
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Porini Mara Camp(Masai Mara National Reserve)
Mara West Camp(Masai Mara National Reserve)
  • Restaurant
All reviewswalking safarisafari experiencethe managersindoor showergame drivesbucket showergracious hostshis knowledgethe reservewonderful experiencenight gamelions roaringhot water bottlesanimal sightingsguide danielbush walksized bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 October 2013

My wife and I just returned from a 24 day trip to Rwanda, Kenya, Zambia, Botwana and South Africa in September. We stayed in 6 different camps. While all the camps were very well appointed and staff hospitable, Naboisho was definitely the best overall. Roeloff and Helen were the managers and along with their amazing Masai staff made us feel extremely welcome, safe, and comfortable. Our guide Wilson was absolutely amazing, spotting animals and getting us as close as to them as possible/appropriate. The tents are like luxury hotel rooms, and even the bucket showers were fine. The food was excellent, and as other reviewers have reported, added a bit to our waistlines! The best experience of our 3 days there was definitely the walking safari with Roeloff who is incredibly knowledgeable and helped us better understand the intricate interdependencies of the flora and fauna of this part of Africa. We would recommend this camp in the highest possible way and would love to go back with our adult children.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I took my mom to Africa this past June and Naboisho was the highlight, among many amazing experiences. It was everything I imagined it to be and more. From the moment we were met at the airport by our amazing guide Daniel and drove to the reserve--on the way seeing a mating lion pair among other things--we were both taken excellent care of and treated to a stay of a lifetime. The tents are luxurious, the food excellent, the scenery beautiful, the animals amazing and the people warm and inviting. Helen & Roelof took great care of us, along with a wonderful staff including Christine, Moses and Johnson. I only wish we had more time there. We went on to other locations and camps but nothing topped this for the quintessential African bush experience. I would go back in a heartbeat. Many thanks.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank fleri
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We booked our trip through friends of ours that travel extensively and had already visited Africa and the Maasai Mara before. They had not visited this particular camp but asked around specifically for luxury, top notch, high quality service. Honestly, I had no idea what to expect but I knew we would be staying in tents and it is considered "lamping" - luxury camping. We spent 3 days in Naboisho Camp, 3 days in another camp, then 3 days in 5 star resort in Mombasa on the coast before returning home to the US. Believe it or not, you could not even compare the level of service, quality of food, or the experience between the camp and staff at Naboisho Camp and the "5 star resort". At Naboisho Camp, the staff greeted us and immediately took our luggage, walked us to the main community camp and then gave all arriving guests brief instructions on the camp, the schedule, what to expect, etc. The temperature was extremely comfortable. The nights and early mornings a little cool. The staff provided turn down service with warm bottles in the KING SIZE comfortable beds at night to warm the bed prior to crawling in. The beds were very comfortable. We had large spacious tents with flushable toilets, lots of storage for our luggage, hot running showers whenever we requested them. The food...oh..the food. All the ingredients were very fresh, wonderfully flavorful and plentiful. I was prepared from what many of my friends had warned me about the food. I took plenty of energy bars and snacks so I would not get sick or be hungry. Apparently my friends did NOT stay at Naboisho Camp. We had plenty of food, did not eat the energy bars except sometimes out on game drives, and I probably gained a few pounds because the food was so yummy and flavorful and plentiful, I couldn't help but get a little more of something at each meal. The Maasai Warriors patrolled the camp at night because a pride of lions makes the camp their home and you can hear them roaring each evening. This is a very true and close experience with nature. However, I never felt unsafe at all. The game drives were successful. The guides would take us where we wanted to go and show us the animals we requested. We saw plenty of giraffe, elephants, gazelle, zebra, hippos. It was amazing! Our camp managers were Helen and Roelof. They could not have been more accommodating and genuine or knowledgeable about the area, the people, the culture, or the ecosystem. They were able to inform and educate in a very clear and conversational manner.

Room Tip: Apparently tent #1 is a little larger for families and the closest to the community tent so less walking. I enjoyed the walk to my tent which was tent #5.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We spent three wonderful days in this marvelous camp. I can't praise all the staff enough. We were so well looked after. Our guide Christine was exceptional. Our accommodation was so very comfortable, food excellent and all the guests enjoyed sitting round in the evening, enjoying good food, good wine and sharing stories of the wonderful sites we have seen during the day.
Would recommend to anyone who is visiting Kenya.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fiona J
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Naboisho is an excellent camp in every aspect. The conservancy is packed with game - particularly so when the loita migration is in full swing. Whether gameviewing by vehicle or on foot the action is on your doorstep and you will often have it completely to yourself .Naboisho makes a great combination with its sister camp rekero which is similarly excellent.

the camp is managed by roelof and helen shutte - roelof is one of the best walking guides in africa and helen is the most organised and gracious of hosts ( be sure to ask roelof to demonstrate his lion walk ) they are full of knowledge about all things bush and fantastic company

the camp team are extremely friendly and nothing is too much trouble

the guiding team are very knowledgable and commited ( we had wilson and rakita ) as well as just good fun people to be with

cant recommend highly enough - we travelled with our friends the Tozieres from sudbury who equally enjoyed this camp

Room Tip: they are all good and wildlife is regularly in camp
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends