“Absolutely wonderful”

Neptune Mara Rianta Luxury Camp
Dublin, Ireland
“Absolutely wonderful”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I can't say enough good things about Exploreans Mara Rianta lodge. Right from our welcome it was apparent that this place is very special. The staff are very friendly and attentive. The tented suites are amazing and the lodge restaraunt, bar and pool area are beautiful. The level of luxury and service is as good as I've ever experienced. Unlike some other all inclusive hotels there is no cutting corners on food and drinks with a wide selection available. Breakfast was very good. The only small criticism I'd have is that some dishes for lunch and dinner were hit and miss. I think it could be improved if the chef kept the menu to fewer dishes properly executed.

The highlight was the safari game drives. Our guide was very informative and friendly. The conservation is low density compared to other game parks so we were able to get very close to the animals for unparalleled viewing. And there's plenty of game to view. On our first morning drive we saw 4 of the bug 5. Seeing lions feeding and cheetahs hunting up close and personal is a wonderful experience. And sipping a beer on next to our jeep watching the sun set on the savannah is a memory I'll never forget.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I didn't really know what to expect - a friend made reservations on my behalf and I was blown away when I arrived in the 'Mara' last Thursday. The location is fabulous - This permanent tented camp sits along a beautiful, hippo-filled river. I was extremely impressed with the service that was provided. Food was delicious - each meal was a 4 or 5 course event. Eating lunch outside along the river with hippos just a few meters away was a great experience. I was VERY impressed with my guide David. He was extremely knowledgeable, courteous and fun. I had the opportunity to take 4 Game Drives while I was there and saw nearly every one of the amazing animals in the Mara: Elephants, Lions, Leopards, Cheetahs, White Rhinos, etc...

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Wonderful permanent tented camp in the spectacular Masa Mara region. Although we were on a private tour group, the camp does offer their own guides and game drives, so one could come here directly without a tour group. The restaurant is as fine a one as you will find anywhere. All the staff were outstanding. Relaxing outdoor pool and plenty of relaxing scenery. Great place to relax and unwind if you want to get away. Make no doubt that this is a luxury property....but worth every penny.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Marco Island, Florida
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Quiet, natural beauty, attention to details, outstanding welcoming staff, thrilling game drives, WOW tent and delicious food and two families of hippos... that makes this on my select "I Can't Wait To Return List"! My first experience into the Mara and it was terrific. Traveling alone I believe I received even more TLC. My "private butler" was a delight and he cared for me as if I was a special family member. The deck off my tent gave me views of the river and hippos. I loved it there and had coffee and lunch there on several occasions. The spa service was sensational. The ambiance more than I could ever have expected. My guide, Jackson, was terrific. I learned not only about the Mara but also about the Maasai as he is part of that peaceful tribe. The cuisine and dining service was spectacular. I would strongly recommend this property for not only its amenities but also the game viewing. The first day we watched a leopard in his favorite rock encampment and he was not just sleeping!

Room Tip: My tent was the "Eland" - the largest of the antelopes. Loved the location - private and...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Last weekend we had a faboulous long weekend in Mara Rianta with great people, food and company. The game drives were just excellent and we were very happy and lucky to have David Waithaka as guide during our stay! He is very knowledge and able to share his experience with us in a nice and a little humouristic way. The time we spent together were a true pleasure. This in combination with the lodge , its people, ambience and food made it great weekend for us. THANKS

Room Tip: They are good good with personal butler located in tents along the river. The hippos will wake you u...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ante_Anders
Vienna, Virginia
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We stayed one night of which our travel agent paid for which was good because it was very pricey. The place was beautiful and we had a great time but I'm glad we weren't paying the bill. Our room like so many other rooms on our safari was very very nice we had a queen size bed with down comforter with bath robes and slippers even had a bottle of wine in the room.. We had the best view of the river below us and a patio to watch the hippos and geese,. The food was just fantastic .

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Spent three nights here and it was the second of four places we stayed. The staff was great. The safari driver was the best we had in Kenya. Ask for Daniel. I can't say enough good things about him. First night there he found a leopard, which we watched as it woke up, stretched and started its evening prowl. The tents are huge and luxurious. There are only 20 tents so this is a small place. The excellent food service is by menu at your table rather than buffet and there is a very decent selection of house wines.

Room Tip: tents go out ten on each side of the central lodge area. Our tent was the furthest out and it was a...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends