Rhino Tourist Camp
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sarova Mara Game Camp(Masai Mara National Reserve)
  • Breakfast included
AA Lodge Masai Mara(Masai Mara National Reserve)
  • Breakfast included
Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels(Masai Mara National Reserve)
  • Breakfast included
Mara Leisure Camp(Masai Mara National Reserve)
  • Breakfast included
Porini Mara Camp(Masai Mara National Reserve)
View Hotel
    Mara Siria Camp(Masai Mara National Reserve)
    • Pool
    • Restaurant
    Fairmont Mara Safari Club(Masai Mara National Reserve)
    • Breakfast included
    Mara West Camp(Masai Mara National Reserve)
    • Restaurant
    View Hotel
    All reviewsbudget safariindividual bathroomssupply of hot waterbudget optionthe reservetour operatorvisiting masai marabeds were comfortablekenyan foodwould definitely stay here againpicnic lunchspent nightsgreat safarigame drivesgeneratorgateelectricity
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 19 August 2013

I did a 3 Days/2 nights Masai Mara Safari and i stayed at Rhino Camp. To be quite honest it was not what i was expecting since i was told i would stay in a budget camp.
    When we arrived i was a bit shocked as i was expecting to stay in pitched tent but what i found was different.
    The camp is actually a permanent camp with large tents which also happen to be self contained with comfortable beds. I could not believe i was having a HOT SHOWER in the wilderness.
    I enjoyed the camp fire at night and also the beer after the Game Drives
    The 2 nights i spent there was quite wonderful and i will definately make a point of visiting Rhino Camp once again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
    1  Thank Dan M
    Reviewed 1 August 2013

We were looking forward for the long weekend in the Masai Mara during the migration. We have booked the accommodation, I have received a confirmation of writing that all is well. So far, so good - Ken was helpful and everything went smooth. But when it came to confirm the booking, I was waiting to receive the details for making a payment. For couple days, Ken did not communicate and when we called him, our reservation was cancelled and double booked. We had everything in writing and yet the camp double-booked our rooms. They did not offer any other solution. During this period, camp knows they will have enough guests anyway, so they do not need to care about good service, but it is appalling, not serious and simply bad customer care. I will make sure to let our friends and colleagues know that they cannot count on the Rhino camp.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
    Reviewed 25 July 2013

Had a nice couple of nights stay food was ok but the chef made up for it he was very helpful and went out of his way to please a difficult customer. My grandaughter loved the monkeys and masaii village. I will be sending some pics to you for the masaii alan leming i think his name was a very nice lad thanks it was all fine for us debby and chantelle.

• Stayed: July 2013
    Reviewed 3 June 2013

After a whole day in a safari car, it's nice to have a cosy place waiting for you. Of course it's not luxurious but it's definitely comfortable and clean, which to me was enough. Also it was good that the rooms had their own bathrooms. The food there was also very good, I wasn't expecting that, way better than in many restaurants in Nairobi. One of the highlights to me was the bonfire. After dinner, almost everyone in the camp got together around it, people form all around the world exchanging experiences, very interesting.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
    1  Thank Maily G
    rhinotouristcamp, General Manager at Rhino Tourist Camp, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at our campsite. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and welcome you to visit us again when you have another chance to travel to Kenya.

I am also pleased to mention that as of today we have renovated all our rooms so that both Wing A and B are of the same standard. We now have tiles in all the bathrooms as opposed to in one wing as was the case when you visited. All this is in an effort to make sure that guests staying at our campsite have comfortable and pleasant accommodation to compliment the Safari experience.

Once again, thank you for sharing your experience.

Reviewed 8 May 2013

If you are travelling on a limited budget and aren't looking for luxury and pampering while on safari, then it is worthwhile to give the Rhino Camp in Maasai Mara a go. I was there for two nights while on safari and I believe i got value for money. The rooms are clean and I agree with some reviewers here that the staff are rather friendly.
    My only concern was that the food menu is rather limited. The food is tasty, yes but there really isn't much to choose from. If they can have a bigger variety, then I am sure travelers would't mind spending a little extra.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends