Elangata Olerai Luxury Tented Camp
Fairmont Mara Safari Club(Masai Mara National Reserve)
US$633
US$403
Fairmont.com
  • Breakfast included
Leopard Hill(Masai Mara National Reserve)
US$590
US$465
Travelocity
Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels(Masai Mara National Reserve)(Great Value!)
US$191
US$178
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Mara Leisure Camp(Masai Mara National Reserve)(Great Value!)
US$209
US$192
  • Breakfast included
Azure Mara Haven(Masai Mara National Reserve)(Great Value!)
US$291
Travelocity
Mara Siria Camp(Masai Mara National Reserve)
US$392
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
AA Lodge Masai Mara(Masai Mara National Reserve)
US$206
US$176
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Sarova Mara Game Camp(Masai Mara National Reserve)(Great Value!)
US$368
US$221
  • Breakfast included
Porini Mara Camp(Masai Mara National Reserve)
Mara West Camp(Masai Mara National Reserve)
  • Restaurant
All reviewswild animalsmasai marastayed two nightscheftentscampdrive
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 November 2013

This is a rather simple tented camp.
The tents are clean, the shower hot... What more do you need?
The restaurant is also located in a tent.
When we were here we were the only guests in the camp.
The chef still offered us several options for lunch and dinner and the food was very, very nice.
Maybe not so good when you're with children since there is no swimming pool or other entertainment.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Newly opened (2013). Very friendly staff, all of whom were very willing to please. Good food and the chef made great efforts – and fantastic soups! Beautifully situated for touring the Masai Mara. Good quality spacious tents.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jeremy T
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Having been sold this as a luxury tented camp and looked on the website to confirm we arrived to find it was anything but. We had to be moved as we had no shower in one tent and when we were moved to the newer tents we still had a broken shower which they could not fix. There were no mosquito nets in the first tents and in the newer ones they did not fit the beds. The staff seemed amazed that we were unhappy and left us with water flooding into our tent because they could not fix the shower. The sinks were not attached to anything and had no plugs. The toiletries consisted of a small bar of travel soap. There was no where to hang or put clothes so they had to stay in your bag and most people had wet towels hanging outside their tents. The bar was also badly stocked and basically only served beer.
Our travel agent has been trying to get some sort of answer from the camp since we arrived back a month ago and they are still not offering anything and do not seem to grasp the meaning of customer services.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 332JaneM
Reviewed 7 September 2013

When i visit Kenya a visit to the Masai Mara National Reserve its a must. Its a great place to relax and refresh memories, while watching the great Migration take place. I always feel home and will highly recommend Elangata Olerai Luxury Tented Camp for their hospitality during our stay there. Keep it up ans we will definatelly come back!!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 22 August 2013

From the 2nd to the 5th of august I had the pleasure of staying at Elangata Olerai Camp in Masai Mara with my wife and some friends.
I have already stayed at the camp 2 times before travelling on my own, and I have been very pleased about it. When I came back to Denmark in Febuary after my second stay, I told my friends and family about my great experiences at the camp – The friendly and nice reception from the staff with a little refreshment, the big tents with a firm surface which all had separate bathroom with both cold and hot water in the shower and separate toilet and big beds with good quality mattresses. All tents had their own porch and every day the tents are cleaned and the beds made.
The tents, which all are different, are placed so there are good room between them. The big restaurant tent serves excellent food. The camp also has a bar which is located above of the reception and has a spectacular view over the Savannah.
The staff is very friendly and helpful. The camp has also guards, who are local Masais, who takes care of the guests safety from the wild life of the Savannah. Even though you can hear a lot of different sounds from the Savannah at night from elephants, zebras and the roars of a lion in the distance, it is easy to feel completely safe on the camps property. It is definitely a great place to stay, when on safari on the Masai Mara.
When I told my wife, who of course have hear it all before after my last 2 visits, and 4 of our friends they were so excited, that they wanted to get that experience too – both the safari and stay at Elangata Olerai Camp.
We contacted “Animal World Safaris ltd.” (www.animalworldsafariske.com) who organized the entire trip, and they gave us a fantastic experience. Every morning and evening we were picked up at Elangata Olerai Camp by a personal driver, who made a game drive to Masai Mara Nationalpark and we were returned to the camp afterwards. During the 3 days of safari we had seen quite a lot of animals and special places. Both big and small animals of the Savannah, the big cats and tens of thousand wildebeests which during our visit migrated from the south to Masai Mara crossing the Mara river. We also saw the lions hunt and kill 2 wildebeests, which was amazing to watch.
Between the morning and evening game drives we had time to relax at Elangata Olerai Camp and my friends had time to visit a local Masai village nearby the Elangata Olerai Camp. My friends were very satisfied with our trip and the time on the Savannah, and they had an experience of a life time. For me it was yet another great experience and stay on Masai Mara and Elangata Olerai Camp.
A great experience that I highly can recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends