“Outstanding”

Olare Mara Kempinski Masai Mara
Toronto, Canada
“Outstanding”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Recently stayed here with my parents for three nights. The staff are all very friendly and attentive. The food was delicious. The game drives were outstanding, and our guide was knowledgeable and great company. Accommodations are superb -- beautiful, clean, comfortable, WIFI in lounge. It was an amazing experience and would definitely recommend it to anyone!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
ManishNambiar, General Manager at Olare Mara Kempinski Masai Mara, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear Neelufer,
Thank you very much for your review on Olare Mara Kempinski Masai Mara and for selecting the resort as your preferred choice during your recent stay in the Mara.
The Olare Mara camp manager, Fairman and I are very pleased to read that you had an outstanding stay, it is extremely nice to note that you enjoyed the game drive experiences in the company of our professional guides, and found the tents to be superb. Glad to also read that you enjoyed the food selection in the midst of the Mara. The wi-fi in the lounge is definitely a plus with all our guests, especially those looking to share those great animal shots.
We do hope that you will return to stay with us in the Mara once again in the near future; the team and I look forward to this.
Manish

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Turkish first
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I stayed a couple day at Olare Mara Kempinski in the Masai Mara and I have to say the days there were one of the most perfect ones in my life!
First we were welcomed by some Masais with a traditional Masai ritual. Then Esther showed us around. My tend was very nice and I had a lot of space and a beautiful balcony. In the evening, my bed was prepared, which means the Moskito net was opened and I had a nice warm hot-water bottle under my blanked :)
The Food was amazing! I'm Kind of a picky Person when it Comes to Food but everything was so delicious from the breakfast to the dinner! Everthing made with love! David the Chef is a really amazing Cook, thanks again!
Also our tou guide Rafael was very nice and he showed us the most wunderful places of the Mara. He knows everything about animals and the afrikan nature! I guess you can not find a better guide as Rafael!
The whole stuff was very Kind and helpful all the time. I became friends with a lot of them, especially Abi.
I miss the time and will be back as soon as possible! Thanks again to all of the Team of Olare Kempinski!
5 of 5 Stars, you won't find a better Lodge ;)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Petite-Marie-92
Venice, Italy
Reviewed 30 July 2014

every amenity you could ask for.Animals walking past your raised tent, fresh food well served and staff that respons to your request almost before you ask.
the game drives were amazing,if you are visiting more than one camp see this one last ,as it will spoil you

Room Tip: our group had three rooms .all were great
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
ManishNambiar, Manager at Olare Mara Kempinski Masai Mara, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Dear 951travelingman,

Thank you so much for your recent review on Olare Mara Kempinski Masai Mara.
The Olare Camp Manager, Fairman and I are pleased to read that you consider Olare Mara Kempinski Masai Mara to be the best tented camp.
Safaris are definitely a life time experience
We do hope that you will return to stay with us once again in the near future, to experience another Kempinski stay in the midst of the wilderness.

Best Wishes
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 10 July 2014

This was my fifth trip to masai mara but my first time at Olare mara kempinski. The experience was simply outstanding. Even after seeing the pictures on the website, I did not expect the tents to be so gorgeous. They are as nice as they look in the pictures, no help from photo shop. Since I love the feeling of being out there in the wild, my only concern initially was that this camp will be too luxurious and not wild enough. But the tents are so well placed and are distant from each other that we would constantly see animals right from the deck. From vervet monkeys, water bucks to dik diks and even a giraffe right outside. The service was impeccable. The room service was fast and the food is unbelievable. The staff is well trained and efficient ,yet friendly and welcoming. Special thanks to Abigail, Lilian, Felix, and Julian for their warm smiles and great service. The manager, Fairman, made sure every request we made was attended to. The massages were excellent and I can't wait to visit again. The wifi service was great by the dining area and breakfast was always extra yummy!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
ManishNambiar, General Manager at Olare Mara Kempinski Masai Mara, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Renu D,

Thank you taking the time to write a review on Olare Mara Kempinski Masai Mara. We do appreciate your feedback.
The Camp Manager, Fairman and I are delighted to read that you found the experience to be outstanding at the resort in every way.
The great thing about such a beautiful location and resort is that they naturally make a picture look so wonderful and do live up to expectations for when a guest does visit.
I am happy to also note that you had a pleasant viewing experience of the animals from the comfort of your own tent.
I will definitely pass on your thanks to the team and we do hope that you will return once again to experience yet another magical safari.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2014

the camp location in the Olare conservancy means you are away from the crowds and hardly see another vehicle in this area yet it is teaming with wildlife . We had some wonderul sightings during our safari game drives.
The staff were all very helpful and the food was a very good standard with good choice. .
The swimming pool is a fair size for a refreshing dip and it was nice to relax on the loungers around the pool. We had 3 nights so didn;t need to rush around we could pace ourselves and had time to relax at the camp.
The tents are huge and have a lounge area and terrace outside, there was not much view from our tent a glimpse of the river between the bushes.
Gold star to the interior designer who added the brilliant reading lights in the headboard, this is something other places we stayed did not have for reading in bed.
tip: make sure you let them escort you to & from your tent at night , we almost bumped into a hippo wandering along the path which isn't a good idea !

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
ManishNambiar, General Manager at Olare Mara Kempinski Masai Mara, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear safaribird,
Thank you very much for your feedback on your recent stay at Olare Mara Kempinski Masai Mara.
Fairman, our Camp Manager and I are pleased to note that you had a very comfortable stay at the resort and enjoyed the location of the property, which is in the Olare Orok Conservancy.
The conservancy does provide a very unique safari experience, enabling guests to enjoy ‘almost private’ viewings of the special resident animals.
Thank you for the Gold Star on the reading lights in the headboard – glad to note you were able to read before bedtime.
I will pass on your kind words onto my colleagues at the resort.
We do hope that you will return to stay with us to enjoy yet another safari in Kempinski style.
Newport News, Virginia
Reviewed 6 July 2014

A magical experience indeed! The accommodations are amazing we enjoyed our stay immensely. From the food to the decor it was picture perfect. The luxurious tents are amazingly equipped for a very comfortable stay.
The biggest asset is the staff. Olare Mara Kempinski is managed by a great team of warm, genuinely hospitable folks. Fairman, Esther, John, Agnes, Phillip, Lydia, and so many incredible individuals made our trip a truly memorable experience we will cherish.
Make this your last stop because every other experience will pale in comparison. Thank you to each one of you. See you very soon. Highly recommend!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Gayatri K,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on Olare Mara Kempinski Masai Mara. We appreciate your feedback.
Fairman, Our Camp Manager and I are delighted to read that you had a magical experience at the resort. Going on Safari does feel like life out of a fairy tale book.
Thank you for the lovely comments regarding my colleagues, who believe in ensuring that our guests have the most memorable moments of their journey to the special land of the Maa (Maasai), and really glad to read that you will cherish these.
We do look forward to having you back with us in the near future.
Best Wishes
Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Just returned from our four days stay. It was an excellent experience, luxurious tents (ours even with private pool), delicious food, very friendly staff, they did everything to make us feel comfortable and our honeymoon unforgettable. The animals are just outside the tent, we could see hippos bathing in the river from our balcony. Thanks to the excellent guide Raphael, we saw all Big 5, four different leopards in 4 days and of course many other animals. He also told us very much about animals and wildlife and the life in Kenia. Thank you so much!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear FIAnneK,
Thank you so much for your review on Olare Mara Kempinski Masai Mara.
On behalf of our Camp Manager, Fairman, and I we are delighted to read you had a perfect honeymoon in the Mara.
The views of the Hippos in the River from our honeymoon suite are a very unique treat, and I am sure what made it even more special is that you saw them at bath time.
I will let Raphael know that you were grateful in regard to the wildlife viewing experiences and the stories that accompanied.
We do hope that you will return to stay with us and enjoy the magic of the Mara once again.