andBeyond Bateleur Camp
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Porini Mara Camp(Masai Mara National Reserve)
View Hotel
    Mara Leisure Camp(Masai Mara National Reserve)
    • Breakfast included
    Mara Siria Camp(Masai Mara National Reserve)
    • Pool
    • Restaurant
    Mara West Camp(Masai Mara National Reserve)
    • Restaurant
    Sarova Mara Game Camp(Masai Mara National Reserve)
    • Breakfast included
    AA Lodge Masai Mara(Masai Mara National Reserve)
    • Breakfast included
    Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels(Masai Mara National Reserve)
    • Breakfast included
    Fairmont Mara Safari Club(Masai Mara National Reserve)
    • Breakfast included
    All reviewsbig joeupcoming renovationcolonial decorgame drivesfour seasonsprivate airstripincredible sightdining tablesamazing feelingamazing chefgame driverhakuna matatashort drivevegetable gardena hot air balloon rideeast africaperfect trip
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 7 August 2013

My husband, daughter and I stayed at Bateleur for 5 nights in July. There aren't enough superlatives to describe the experience. Joseph the manager, Joseph the chef, Benson our driver, Abraham and Yegon who looked after us in our room and at meals... these were some of the most outstanding people who we were fortunate to befriend, and truly the staff were the heart of the camp. The tent was beautiful, the meals delicious and the game drives... breathtaking. Even just to sit in our tent or outside by the reception tent and enjoy the views of the Mara were a daily delight. We were fortunate to see the annual migration which was a total bonus - truly an amazing experience! (Thank you Benson!) Everything about Bateleur was first class and &Beyond have done a fantastic job with their social endeavours in the local community. Just a perfect experience all around.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
    1  Thank MCBda
    Reviewed 30 June 2013

Enjoyed 3 days, 2 nights at Bateleur Camp in June, 2013. What made it so wonderful, besides the excellent property, was the Manager, Milka. Milka met us at the airstrip with a beautiful spread of Champagne, coffee, cold drinks, biscuits, and dried fruit chips spread out on a Massai blanket. Then a Bush drive on the through the Mara towards the And Beyond camp. Lovely furnishings, velvet sofas, etc. set in the reception room overlooking the Mara. Her enthusiasm and care for running the camp, having the staff, chef, and all waiting for our vehicles to arrive, and singing us in. Milka is truly a gem. Our "tent', number 16, was enjoyed by Reese Witherspoon for 3 days prior to our arrival. I think Chris Rock also staying in the same tent. Hardly a tent, wood floors, and interiors you must look up on their site. Maasi Warriors escort you to and from your tent after 6:30pm and prior to 6:30 am as the locals (animals) can roam at night.

Instead of the usual "do Not Distrub" plackets for your door, you use a Massai sword propped across your door if you want privacy.

Saved the best for last. The food was beyond belief. Fresh greens grown on the property, soups, and lamb, chicken or fish were served with great aplomb. Wines for lunch and dinner, and of course, "Tuskers" beer, a Kenyan delight.

At night, candles glow everywhere, on tables, floor, and from the trees. Magical. And for the record, the Bush runs yielded plenty of photo ops of the fabulous animals.

If I return to Africa, surely this is a spot I will return to.

Room Tip: Tent 16, a short walk thru the bush from the public area. that said, all tents are quiet, apart from one and another, with a good view overlooking the Mara. Woke the first morning to the site of a giraffe grazing in front the tent.
    • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
    2  Thank Darleneaut
    Reviewed 24 May 2013

This was my first stay and my first safari. As a solo traveler, I felt so at home and welcomed by the staff. My game driver was fantastic. I couldn't ask for a more perfect trip. The attention to detail by my room steward, the chef's creations, and the entire atmosphere created by the staff was amazing. I would definitely stay here again. My tented lodge was jaw-dropping and perfect for surroundings. I wish I could have spent more time here. I would have done some of the other trips that were offered and gotten a massage!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
    1  Thank NaomiMigliacci
    Reviewed 23 April 2013

This was our first stay at an &Beyond Camp - highly recommended by our travel planner, Linda Friedman (of Custom Safaris in Washington, DC) – and I can guarantee that we will go out of our way to create a reason to stay at others! From our initial greeting at the airstrip; to Milka’s unbelievable high energy and positive attitude, her warmth in making us feel so “at home” while engaging in conversation on any number of subjects and her exuding pride in the company’s give back philosophy and involvement in the community; to Chef Meshak’s creative and beautiful creations (and catering to my wife’s crazy food allergies); to Little Joseph’s daily welcoming wake-up call; to Francis’ lively conversation and gratitude each night as he walked us back to our tent; to Pricillah’s constant concern that my wife wasn’t getting enough to eat…..on & on it goes. This company knows how to do it right! Pampering is an understatement. Quality of accommodations fantastic! Service out of this world! Food to die for! Intimate but comfortable (non-stuffy atmosphere). Phenomenal wildlife viewing. What more could you ask for? And, the company has an unbelievably successful practice of sustainability, giving back and immersing in the local communities - real social responsibility. Can't say enough - have stayed in many of the best hotels in the world - but our experience at Bateleur Camp was head and shoulders better than any others. Expensive - but worth it.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 19 April 2013

Bateleur was my first stay on my first safari and I cannot say enough wonderful things about it. As a solo traveler, I felt incredibly welcome. Bateleur is set at the foot of an escarpment in the Masai Mara. As such, it is a fantastic jumping off point for your daily game drives. The tents are exquisite and the hospitality of the staff unparelled. On my last night in camp the staff organized a dinner under the stars by the Mara river as a farewell--an unforgettable experience. For those with children or who are looking for a slightly less expensive camp but a similarly phenomenal experience, stay in the sister camp, Kichwa Tembo. The camp is somewhat larger but your game drives, food, hospitality and overall experience will be just as amazing. All I can really say is:go, you will not regret a moment you spend with &Beyond in this beautiful camp.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo