First, may I say that the views at Serena are truly amazing but I do believe that's not the only thing we should be paying for.
The food needs to improve drastically if I were to come again. My wife did not feel so well the next day and I too suffered heartburn after each meal. May I add that we are both very resilient travelers and have never before felt ill after eating food in Kenya.
The prices are extremely high and as such I would expect high quality in all areas of my stay - not just the view that Serena is fortunate enough to enjoy.
I would also be more interested to know what conservation and community work that this Serena is involved in. From what I could tell and from my questions, this Serena does not give anything back to the local communities nor does it have any conservation projects. This is pretty surprising seeing as it is profiting from the conservation efforts of others.
That said, I found all of the staff to be extremely friendly and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mara Serena Safari Lodge, set on a saddle of a hill, overlooks the 1,800 square km of rolling plains at an altitude of 1625 meters at the Masai Mara Triangle, one of the world's richest wildlife sanctuaries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Jovago.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, TravelUp, Agoda, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mara Serena Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mara Serena Safari Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Mara Serena Safari Lodge Kenya/Masai Mara National Reserve