“Great view and good location”

Mara Serena Safari Lodge
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed at Serena for 3 days. Good location and were satisfied with hotel and friendly attitude of the staff. Safari guide was excellent.

This is first class hotel in the middle of best game park in Africa.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank BiplabSaha

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I can't comment on the rooms or the restaurant but I can on the staff and service. Serena Lodge is my neighbor in Mara when I stay at a private camp. I run to them for laundry, private meals, the spa, fuel, air time, and and any other service I find myself in need of. They are amazing. All the staff are gracious especially Anthony at the front desk. he always greets you with a warm smile and if you need anything he will find it for you. I come to Serena often for a cold drink and to sit out and look over the veranda. Last week I saw a pride of lions hunting buffalo right from the pool view. I can only imagine what a pleasant stay this is for any guest coming to Serena. You are right in the middle of it all. The spa is amazing and I find myself there more and more spoiling myself with manicures and spa services. I can't thank Serena enough for opening their doors to me, and making my stay in Mara so amazing!!! Enjoy this amazing place!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 May 2014

what a great lodge beautiful view over all sites and close to all migration points
good food and nice staff buid on a hill so it is not fine when you walking bad
swimming pool is small but oke good bed around it
rooms are verry small and old bathroom is verry verry clean and nice

Room Tip: it is a nice lodge in the mara close to all migration points but not for people who are bad walking...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2014

First off, let me say I'm a die-hard Serena fan.

That said - the pros.

Check in was nice and smooth. The hospitality that epitomizes the Serena brand was completely evident and we were more than comfortable the entire time we were there. The food is AMAZING!! Definitely piled on more than a few pounds while there. I like that the amazing food is a Serena staple - anywhere I go I am not disappointed.
Good WiFi. Great bar service. The staff is excellent. They were so kind to the children (under 5) we were with.

Had champagne breakfast by the hippo pool - anyone who goes to the Mara has to do this. It was such an awesome experience. I'd definitely do it again - and again, the food did not disappoint.

The view - WOW. It's exactly as it is on the professional pics they put up on their website. Completely breathtaking. My 2yr old nephew made a game of spotting animals from that area. The sunrise and the sunset, the Mara river view. All were just simply splendid.

The spa - Maisha Spa never disappoints. Had an amazing spa experience, with your view being the vast savannah - one cannnot help but relax.

The pool - small but the children had fun. More a splash pool if the hotel is full.

The rooms - sigh..the one thing that disappointed. They are so tiny. Putting in twin beds into those rooms completely finished up the space. Putting in three beds (which they managed to do for the kids rooms) was nothing short of a miracle. The distance from the edge of the bed to the dresser area - well, my sister and I could not pass at the same time. That was such a buzz kill. The only buzz kill, but sadly one nonetheless. That's what earns it 3 stars :(

Also, children's meal times were the adult meal times. Maybe set a time for the kids to eat earlier?

Great experience though.

Room Tip: Request a room near the main lodge area - the others are way down the stairs. I had room no. 1 :)
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Njorogekui
Reviewed 25 May 2014

This being my first safari I booked a trip with Travel Connections Ltd which planned my short 3 day trip to Masai Mara National Park during this low season. The Mara Serena Safari Lodge is the only hotel in the national park with a very unique architectural design as you will see if you check out their website. The staff was very friendly and the food was relatively good since it is so far from civilization. While there, all the meals were covered however drinks other than coffee or tea is not covered. Staying here made it very convenient to go out on a game drive each morning and after lunch. I highly recommend this place however during high season it will be a challenge booking this place as it is very popular! There is no AC in the facilities, only a fan in the rooms and the workout room I did not notice any fans at all so it just means you'll be sweating more. They also have a sauna and a spa facility where you can get massages for a reasonable price.

Room Tip: All rooms are relatively the same in my opinion. The rooms farther away will provide you a good wal...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel blew my breath away. The staff were ever so helpful! The facilities were well kept and very convenient! And the rooms were so cosy and comfortable! But the real treat are the stunning views! In our room alone we saw a group of monkeys walk past our window, a few gazelle and we think maybe a hippo at night!!! There was wildlife around the resort (bushbabies and exotic lizards) and giraffes and all sorts of animals were in view!!! The drives around the safari park were unbelievable!!! It is worth the money!!! And definitely take a camera!!! I have vowed to return to these piece of paradise sometime in the near future!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed here on 2012 during the migration. The location of this lodge is perfect on top of the cliff.rooms were abit tight but loved the view and visibiltiy of animals. Swimming pool gives and edge to it. Food excellent buffet never have gone wrong with serena food. Overall good , defintly recommend. Though bit too many rooms for people looking for bit private lodge.

Room Tip: All rooms have a view, but some rooms are bit of a walk.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple