We recently stayed at Mara Serena for 4 nights (had 3 rooms between 5 of us). We had elected to stay 4 nights to allow for time to see river crossing/migration and were not disappointed.
Rooms: clean with comfortable beds, mosquito nets every night although there were no mosquitoes. Room size is fine with a sitting area overlooking the plains. Some of the rooms were a bit of a walk from the lodge.
Food: included in room rate. Breakfast was excellent and lunch/dinner were good (buffet) with fair number of options including a pasta bar.
Hotel grounds: very clean and well done. Felt very welcome and can walk to both ends with a lookout. Pool small but inviting and pool area is very well done.
Location: excellent and close to river and we were able to see Wildebeast river crossing twice in 4 days that we were there, Views from the room and lodge are excellent and Mara triangle (area where lodge is) is awesome for game drives. We flew from Nairobi to Mara Serena and is the way to do it. We drove from Mara Serena to Nakuru and took us 2-3 hours to get to a paved road.
Game Drives: we did it with a private guide/driver via Vintage Africa and could not be more happy. Did not do a night drive (via lodge) and thought that $30 per person for a Nature walk at resort was too much money.
Overall: Excellent stay and staff at lodge exceedingly helpful. My uncle who was with us fell and they immediately summoned a doctor to see him and saw him again twice during our stay there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mara Serena Safari Lodge, set on a saddle of a hill, overlooks the 1,800 square km of rolling plains at an altitude of 1625 meters at the Masai Mara Triangle, one of the world's richest wildlife sanctuaries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, TravelUp, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mara Serena Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mara Serena Safari Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Mara Serena Safari Lodge Kenya/Masai Mara National Reserve