“The most unexpected yet pleasant surprise!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Masai Mara National Reserve
Mara Crossings Camp
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We came to Mara crossings not knowing what to find. I was nervous at first, since we were driving inside the bushes to get to it and our last camp experience was horrible!!! Our guide Julius did not say anything to us about this place, but he set my expectation low...How surprised I was!
We arrived and immediately panic took over when Sajid (the manager) told us about the hippos that live in the river right on the waters under us! I started to cry because I was so scared!
Sajid was very calm and assured me that we were in no danger!
As I entered the camp slowly, I was shocked to see a beautiful setting, right by the river, with tens of hippos and the leftovers from the animals right there! Oh My God! I was not expecting this, but sure was special! The tents are confy with a beautiful bed, a nice bathrooms and super strong (just in case a hippo wondering around want to pay a visit..;)
I slept so well, met nice people, had excellent food and warm conversations with the staff.
The sunsets are espetacular! Get a drink from the beautiful Tented bar and just enjoy it listening to nature call.
Since energy is very limited, they run a generator when needed, but Sajid was very accommodating to our needs. Hot shower and food need to be ordered in advance. It's a very cool experience. 6:30 am two people come behind our tents to pour hot water in our bucket shower. 25 L per shower. reminded me of my basics back home in Brasil. If you are an adventurer, you will not be disappointed. It's small and off the beaten path. I hope they stay like this. What a treasure!!! We had the most amazing time and I cried when I left!

Room Tip: I think there are only 10 tents. It's a small tented camp. We stayed in tent number 8, I guess...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gattalinda

Reviewed 11 August 2013

We were at the Mara crossing camp last week and it was a flawless and perfect stay in the Masai Mara. The staff is warm and welcoming, you feel as being a superstar. The rooms are very comfy and beautifully decorated. The landscape around the camp is perfect. Right beside the Mara river.
The crossing trail is only few kilometers away.
It is one of those places you will remember for a long long time as you feel like being in paradise. Unforgettable experience. Thanks to the family running this business in Masai Mara and Nakuru with the Lakira camp and Flamingo hill.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 August 2013

As soon as we landed we were greeted and taken on a game drive. After the game drive we were introduced to the camp site staff and were very welcomed by everyone there. Kenyan hospitality at it's absolute best without a doubt. The camp's landscape gave a very intimate yet open feel and captured every accent of it's natural surroundings perfectly. We decided to extend our stay an extra night because every part of the experience was brilliant! Our game driver was very experienced and knowledgeable and of course the animals were the stars of the show!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed three days at the well appointed Mara Crossings safari camp. The owners/hosts, camp manager, chef and staff ensured the stay was flawless from the excellent accommodations and multi-course meals to the spectacular location and twice daily safari outings. The staff was warm, welcoming, accommodating. The camp location, nestled above the Mara River, was simply breathtaking. This is my new favorite vacation destination.

pp

Reviewed 10 July 2013

From the moment we set foot in the camp we were treated like royalty. A welcome drink, and tour of the camp, with an introduction to staff members.

The camp is very intimate, and the perfect relaxation point after a day out on safari. You can sit by the river, and watch the hippos bob around the nearby waterfall. The tents are luxurious, and still manage to keep their rustic charm. Food was delicious, and the waiters went out of their way to accommodate. A special mention to Noah who was just brilliant.

Will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2013

From the time my group and I arrived at Mara Crossings Camp, we were treated extremely very well. On arrival by plane the camp provided us with transportation by Maasai warriors in traditional dress. They were all very friendly and informative. On the way to the camp they stopped at various places for us to see the wildlife and take pictures. They were able to spot animals that were well camouflaged in the grass that we wouldn't have normally seen. When we arrived at the camp, all the staff gave us a warm welcome. Shenaz one of the owners and Sejal explained some of the basics of the camp regarding the security by Maasai warriors, water supply, electricity, etc. At dark, there was a Maasai warrior immediately available to escort you to and from your tent. The setting of the camp overlooks the Mara River with hippos and plenty of chairs, tables, and umbrellas to relax under. My tent was well decorated, extremely clean, spacious, and fully furnished with real beds, chests, a writing desk, private flush toilet, shower, and sink. There were many nice touches like the warm water bottle for your feet at night, soaps and scents in the bathroom, bed turn down at night, water heated before a shower, and meals cooked by their chefs. Every dish I ate was excellent. I was spoiled rotten having such nice 5 star food cooked for me on the spot. There were omelets made to order. I especially liked the freshly made naan. The dining tables were always very well decorated. For different meals, they would also place the tables in different locations which was a nice change of scenery. At night there was a campfire with plenty of chairs to sit around comfortably. During the day, we went on safari. All the Masai guides were very flexible. Seruni and Nick I remember the best as being excellent and knowledgeable. Seruni could answer any question you could think of about animals. I am sure the rest of them could as well. All of them were pretty good drivers for the type of terrain they were going through. Staying at Mara Crossings Camp was better in food, service, and furnishings than some 5 star hotels I've stayed at, which merely had a nice lobby. I would highly recommend doing a safari and staying here to anyone.

Room Tip: Just make a reservation. All the rooms are very nice, immaculately clean, and beautifully decorated...
Reviewed 1 July 2013

After a week spent working very hard, our group went to Mara crossing. From the maasai greeting us on arrival til we left, it was an incredible experience. The accommodations were better than a five star hotel. The food was fantastic. The staff were there before you could ask for anything. The safari trips were a once in a lifetime experience. I felt pampered and safe at all times. Would highly recommend this beautiful place!