“Excellent location and Fantastic service”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Masai Mara National Reserve
Mara Crossings Camp
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We spent 2 nights at the Mara Crossings, in October 2013. An absolutely amazing adventure, from impeccable service to the warmest hospitality. Great food, a fully stocked bar with best brands, friendly staff, 5 stars comfort level, stylish tents, luxury bath facility. All of this in the midst of the wilderness of the Mara. The Camp is located just on the banks of the Mara river. Breakfst with hippos and crocs...!
Looking forward to returning for the migration.
Mauro and Abyan and family

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 October 2013

We spent three nights here and from the moment we arrived to when we left we felt we were treated like royalty. On our arrival we were greeted by everyone who worked at the Mara Crossing and was given a welcome drink.

When shown our rooms/tents I was amazed at how large and spacious they were. My sister and I were sharing a tent and we loved the fact that we had our own dressing room each too. The shower was much better than my own in London. We loved the hot water bottles that were put in our comfy 1000 pocket spring beds with Egyptian cotton covers every night.

When not out looking at the animals on Safari we would sit back and watch the hippos and crocodiles grunting and basking in the river below us, whilst drinking a local beer and eating the lovely meals the on sight chef had prepared for us.

Thank you so much to Saj and his team for making our stay truly memorable.

Will be coming back for sure.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We spent 2 nights at this camp to experience a luxury + raw tent in the middle of the wild animals' area. The location is perfect. As mentioned by all below comment, it's near the Mara river and hiding in the bushes. You can always get a surprise immediately once you drive out from the camp. Lions, hippos and crocodiles are just few meters away from you.

When you go out from your tent to dining place, you need to call the Mara guards to walk with you. I believe it is a quite special experience to all of us.

It should be a good experience for you if you want to do camping with tent but with luxury service.

Room Tip: Only Eight tents available in the camp.
1  Thank BryantCheung
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We just spent three nights at Mara Crossings Camp – and I would definitely return! At first I was a little thrown off by the camp, as I have been to a couple of luxury camps in East Africa, but this is quite a bit more rustic and true to the sense of camping (perhaps poor research on my part). For example, whenever you want to shower, you need to request the water ten minutes in advance and be ready for it when you can hear someone shout to you from outside the camp! All part of the eco experience you start to embrace!

One of the key highlights of the Camp is the location – it is situated by Mara River within the Mara Triangle. This gave us the advantage of getting to a lot of the game at least half an hour before most other vehicles. We were lucky enough to see two kills before 7am without any other cars! If you are going for the migration – it will definitely make your trip worthwhile (that and obviously luck).

The second highlight is the staff- they were always smiling and friendly and definitely made the Camp feel like home. Noah, our waiter didn’t seem to stop smiling (even after our tenth different request of the morning). Our driver Nick was also excellent with an instinct for the unexpected, which made our trip amazing! The food is also very good, particularly the packed breakfasts which are very luxurious and a step away from the standard stodgy packed boxes at other lodges. The chefs made an effort to make us all our own individual and labelled breakfasts!

I really enjoyed the quaintness of the camp and hope it remains this size. It was clean and well thought out, with nice toiletries in the tents. I am not sure it quite fits the bill of a luxury tent, and will need some finer attention to detail, but I think part of what you’re paying for is the location.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We came to Mara crossings not knowing what to find. I was nervous at first, since we were driving inside the bushes to get to it and our last camp experience was horrible!!! Our guide Julius did not say anything to us about this place, but he set my expectation low...How surprised I was!
We arrived and immediately panic took over when Sajid (the manager) told us about the hippos that live in the river right on the waters under us! I started to cry because I was so scared!
Sajid was very calm and assured me that we were in no danger!
As I entered the camp slowly, I was shocked to see a beautiful setting, right by the river, with tens of hippos and the leftovers from the animals right there! Oh My God! I was not expecting this, but sure was special! The tents are confy with a beautiful bed, a nice bathrooms and super strong (just in case a hippo wondering around want to pay a visit..;)
I slept so well, met nice people, had excellent food and warm conversations with the staff.
The sunsets are espetacular! Get a drink from the beautiful Tented bar and just enjoy it listening to nature call.
Since energy is very limited, they run a generator when needed, but Sajid was very accommodating to our needs. Hot shower and food need to be ordered in advance. It's a very cool experience. 6:30 am two people come behind our tents to pour hot water in our bucket shower. 25 L per shower. reminded me of my basics back home in Brasil. If you are an adventurer, you will not be disappointed. It's small and off the beaten path. I hope they stay like this. What a treasure!!! We had the most amazing time and I cried when I left!

Room Tip: I think there are only 10 tents. It's a small tented camp. We stayed in tent number 8, I guess...
1  Thank gattalinda
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We were at the Mara crossing camp last week and it was a flawless and perfect stay in the Masai Mara. The staff is warm and welcoming, you feel as being a superstar. The rooms are very comfy and beautifully decorated. The landscape around the camp is perfect. Right beside the Mara river.
The crossing trail is only few kilometers away.
It is one of those places you will remember for a long long time as you feel like being in paradise. Unforgettable experience. Thanks to the family running this business in Masai Mara and Nakuru with the Lakira camp and Flamingo hill.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 August 2013

As soon as we landed we were greeted and taken on a game drive. After the game drive we were introduced to the camp site staff and were very welcomed by everyone there. Kenyan hospitality at it's absolute best without a doubt. The camp's landscape gave a very intimate yet open feel and captured every accent of it's natural surroundings perfectly. We decided to extend our stay an extra night because every part of the experience was brilliant! Our game driver was very experienced and knowledgeable and of course the animals were the stars of the show!