I stayed at this lodge for 2 days with wife and my 11 year old son. The room allotted was room no 80... we had asked for an extra bed for my son and this was provided for along with a mosquito net. Rooms were clean, comfy with adequate charging ports. The hotel is superbly located right in the middle of the Masai Mara. Plenty of wildlife all around moment you step out of the hotel gate. . There is a wide variety of buffet food provided to suit various palates and the restaurant staff was very helpful and courteous. I particularly remember Sarah in the restaurant and Bernard at the front desk.Would like the hotel to have free wi-fi and have some bird baths or bird feeding trays placed on the property to attract some birds .Overall would recommend this place to anybody planning to visit the Masai Mara and looking at hotel options in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Over 700 square miles of lush, sun-drenched plains encircle Keekorok Lodge, the oldest property in the Masai Mara Game Reserve in southwest Kenya. The lodge was opened in 1962 and is ideally situated in the direct path of the spectacular animal migration that occurs every year from July to October. Guests can experience unparalleled safari adventures and morning and evening game drives are a must for anyone visiting the reserve ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Preferred Hotels, Agoda, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keekorok Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels Kenya/Masai Mara National Reserve