Our stay at Keekorok Lodge was excellent with one minor exception. The food service needs tweaking. More flavor, more choices.
The rooms and employees were excellent. I really enjoyed all of the Maasai Warriors that worked in the lodge and provided services to the guest.
The location of the lodge was excellent. The distance to the wildlife (and the Tanzania border) was great. Just a short drive and you can view all the wildlife you can imagine. The Pride of 14 Lions female and cub was almost the highlight of our trip until we came across the three Mail lions.
In all the trip was wonderful.
I cannot wait for my next opportunity to return.
Lloyd D. Adams
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Over 700 square miles of lush, sun-drenched plains encircle Keekorok Lodge, the oldest property in the Masai Mara Game Reserve in southwest Kenya. The lodge was opened in 1962 and is ideally situated in the direct path of the spectacular animal migration that occurs every year from July to October. Guests can experience unparalleled safari adventures and morning and evening game drives are a must for anyone visiting the reserve ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Hotelopia, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Keekorok Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels Kenya/Masai Mara National Reserve