The accommodation and game drives offered by Basecamp are world class. Staying here allowed us to be close to the action of the Mara while still getting good nights rest. The staff know your name, are very welcoming, and go the extra mile to make the stay memorable and safe. It is a fair bit out of the way (especially by matatu), but this is as much a pro as a con. Definitely recommend staying here. Will be coming back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Basecamp Masai Mara provides 12 spacious and luxurious tents, bordering the Masai Mara National reserve, on a lush peninsula in the Talek River, with spectacular views of the savannah. You have your own veranda overlooking the river, bathroom en-suite with a hot solar heated shower open to the sky. Enjoy the amazing wildlife from your tent, the fig-tree platform, or in the open-air bar - a responsible approach to the classic safari ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda and Jovago.com so you can book your Basecamp Masai Mara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Basecamp Masai Mara Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Basecamp Masai Mara Kenya/Masai Mara National Reserve