Mara Sopa Lodge
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Fairmont Mara Safari Club(Masai Mara National Reserve)
US$633
US$403
Fairmont.com
  • Breakfast included
Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels(Masai Mara National Reserve)(Great Value!)
US$349
US$177
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Mara Leisure Camp(Masai Mara National Reserve)(Great Value!)
US$209
US$192
  • Breakfast included
Sarova Mara Game Camp(Masai Mara National Reserve)(Great Value!)
US$368
US$222
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Mara Siria Camp(Masai Mara National Reserve)
US$392
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
AA Lodge Masai Mara(Masai Mara National Reserve)
US$206
US$176
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Porini Mara Camp(Masai Mara National Reserve)
Mara West Camp(Masai Mara National Reserve)
  • Restaurant
Azure Mara Haven(Masai Mara National Reserve)
TripAdvisor
Leopard Hill(Masai Mara National Reserve)
TripAdvisor
All reviewshot waterwalls are very thinhear everythingmain barbuffet stylelake naivasharooms are bigmasai dancingmosquito netcertain times of the daylounge areaswimming poolbush babiesthe main areaspark entrancegame drivesgame park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 March 2012

We stayed in the during my safri in October,11. Our experience in this lodge was painful. Right from the entry it was horrible. Our tour operator D.K.Grand Safari booked the lodge well in advance. But the management told that only a single room left and we have to stay there. Those guide with us showed the booking slip and ask them to provide room as per booking but they refused. On compleation a most horrible 13 hours journey from Serengeti we were so tired we were not in a mood to stand even. They assured us to shift the room tomorrow morning. Our alloted room for that night was far away from the reception. There was no other alternative but accept.. Next day morning while going on safari at 6o,clock in the morning, we reminded to change the room, they assured to do the same within our safari period. . But same was not done. While return back from safari we asked in the counter, they simply replied wait in room, we are arranging shortly. But it was utter surprised that even after an hour there was no arrangement was made. One can easily understand our position. we could not open our luggage, and waiting for a long time without changing our dress. After waiting for a long time we start shouting before the receiption. They asked why your room has not chnged so far. Look, as if it was our duty to do so. The changed room was better than before. The quality and the choice of food not good at all. In the next day of our full day safari we requested to replace chicken in place of beef. But they dont bother to oblige. In our journey all the hotels/Lodges change as we requested.
Locationaly lodge was not in good position. approach road from the game field is very very bad shape. Management dont bother to spend something for the comfort of the tourist.
We are not at all satisfied about the approch of the management

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank knightrider1950
Reviewed 11 February 2012

Mara Sopa Lodge offered nice facilities, food and rooms. It is a large chain hotel and you can definitely feel it. It wasn't as personal as previous accommodation on our trip but service was efficient and friendly enough. The food was plentiful and tasty and the rooms were clean. However, I was very disappointed when I witnessed them feeding the wildlife "scraps" every evening. How this can be encouraged or take place in a wildlife reserve is a shock to me. All it does is cause human dependence and opportunities for hormones and chemicals to enter the natural food chain. I'm hoping that guests will encourage that these activities stop.
Overall we enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Rooms can be a distance from the main lodge so if this is a concern I would request at time of booking for a villa closer.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 564Jazzy
Reviewed 31 January 2012

The Mara Sopa lodge was terrific. Friendly staff, comfortable rooms, nice pool, and of course great access to the Masai Mara and all the wildlife. We saw lions, jackals, giraffes, buffalo, elephant, and many more within a few kilometers of the lodge, plus the hyenas they feed each evening. The lodge itself is on a cool, forested hillside, and makes a nice retreat from the open plains of most of the Masai Mara. It was our last stop on safari, and the perfect way to end.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Henry H
Reviewed 26 January 2012

You can tell that Sopa Lodge is trying hard to provide a great experience. Staff were friendly, food was plentiful, the Masai display in the lobby bar was good fun. The resort looks lovely, and blends nicely with it's environment. The beds were comfy and the room a good size.

However, I could hear the party in the next room with a little too much clarity for my liking, and both shower taps came off in my hands! Also be aware that some rooms (read ours!) are quite some distance from the main buildings and necessitate walking some slightly hilly paths. This could be a turn off for older/infirm travellers. As a female, I also felt the distance from a personal security perspective as I headed back to my rom alone at night

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Global2010
Reviewed 20 January 2012

We enjoyed our stay in Sopa Lodge. The prices are very high (bottle of water 3 euros), but the service was wonderful and the rooms almost luxuryus.
When i was sick, a really good doctor came to our lodge and the quality of treatment what something else you are used to in europe! He was excellent and actually made me feel better. And the nurse took as her own personal mission to take care of me the rest of the safari. If I had the money I would go back!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple