Have stayed at the Sarova Mara several times since 1997 for different reasons - honeymoon, family vacation and romantic getaway - and we've always had an amazing time and been sorry to leave. The tents are luxury tents so its not roughing it at all! The family tents are great as they have lots of room and are adjoined so adults have their privacy but can still easily keep an eye on the kids. Our last stay we were in the recently created Club Tents which are gorgeous and very romantic. The food is very good and freshly made, buffet style so you have a lot of variety. The staff are very helpful and checking in with you often to make sure you have enough drinks and are happy. Nice gift shop. We have also always had amazing drivers from the Stanley Mara who took us to the best spots in the Mara for animal viewing. There is a pool also for warm days and a little spa tent where you can get pampered with massages and other services. All in all a wonderful vacation as you can really relax and feel like you've gotten away from it all after a few days there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sarova Mara Game Camp is located in the heart of the Maasai Mara Game Reserve in South West Kenya. It is 260 km from Nairobi, a 1-hour flight from Nairobi, 20-minute drive from the airstrip and a 5 1/2-hours drive from Nairobi on the new tarmac road. It is set on an elevation surrounded by two streams. The Camp is uniquely laid out over the sprawling grounds that include rolling manicured greens, a virtual mini forest of indigenous shrubs and exotic trees, a large pond stocked with fish, mini bird sanctuary and an authentic Maasai village adjoining the Camp. The Camp includes 20 club tents, 51 standard tents, 2 family tents, a main restaurant, bar and many bush dining options. The free form swimming pool has its own pool bar. In addition, it has its own fleet of well equipped safari vehicles with excellent guides. There are meeting rooms and numerous outdoor venues for dining and leisure. The entire Camp is surrounded by a 24 hour electric fence. The climate is very pleasant with clear warm days and cool nights Temperatures average from 26ْ C during the day to 12ْ C at night. There are sporadic rains in March, April, November & December. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Jovago.com, Odigeo, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sarova Mara Game Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sarova Mara Game Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Sarova Mara Game Camp Kenya/Masai Mara National Reserve