“Amazing Service!”

Sarova Mara Game Camp
Reviewed 9 May 2014

The people of Kenya are known for their lovely disposition and Sarova Mara Camp did not disappoint! From the people at the front desk to the waiters to the porters to the people running the very well-stocked gift shop to the people giving out towels at the pool to even the chef! - I was late for lunch and she went into the kitchen to rustle up a chicken dish and all the fixings. In particular, there is a waiter named Simon who made my stay feel like home. He was professional, attentive, lovely and just a real person. Alway making a point to greet me on my way back from safari or at dinnertime or whenever. He was truly special.

The buffet was terrific - wide array of great local as well as international dishes. An omelette station that I took full advantage of. Deserts galore… etc. Just great. In fact, on our last night there, they set up "Swahili Night" outside and it was so beautifully and tastefully done that we all thought it must have been for a private party but actually it was for the guests. There was even a singer who sang international favorites as well as Kenyan songs. And on another night, those amazing jumping Masai came and did their traditional dance! (we had visited their village earlier that day and they were so happy to see us. You might want to do that - visit a Masai village - in addition to doing safaris.

The tent room is not like a typical camping "tent" - it's quite gorgeous. The sides where it sloped down was a bit difficult for me because I am rather tall - but nothing so important to complain about! A lovely touch were the hot water bottles that they put inside the covers (which got turned down each night - constant sweet touches!) so that when I got into bed, it was quite cozy. I never had any mosquitoes (each room is set up with "mossie chips" and mosquito netting of course) although a praying mantis came to visit! I picked it up using the wastebasket and put it back out into the great outdoors.

I went to the pool twice and it was nice and clean. Not many people used it while I was there.

I was on an organized tour but apparently they can set up safaris for you if you need that service.

My one regret is that there is a vantage point (I don't remember what it was called) from which you can view the safari and I never got to go. So do go there. My friends said it was quite a nice view.

A true oasis in the bush!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Anthony K, Manager at Sarova Mara Game Camp, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for choosing Sarova Mara Game camp on your visit to the Mara. We were honored by your visit and humbled by your very encouraging feedback.

We have shared your review with the team and are very positive about raising the bar.

We do wish you all the very best as you settle back home and hope to have you back soon.

Asante sana.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,072)

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Will rate this as the most memorable trip I have ever made. Of course, the sheer charm of Masai Mara is the real winner but for a camp, you will not find a better combination of today's amenities as well as the camp feeling. Fabulous tents with all basic amenities and spanking clean. Yes, there are some mosquitoes and bugs but as long as you keep the entrance zipped up and the electric mosquito mats on, you can get some good rest. Most important of all, the staff is probably the most courteous and friendly I have experienced in my travels all over the world. I was on a business conference this time but had time for a couple of safari rides. Got some amazing shots of wildlife and the drivers were knowledgeable and friendly. Definitely expensive but then again, you will not do this every month.

Room Tip: Ask for a tent close to the reception since some are quite far away
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback! The team is very encouraged as we strive to achieve service excellence.

We do hope that you had a pleasant ride to Nairobi and back home and hopefully we will get the opportunity to host you yet again.

Cheers!

Reviewed 30 April 2014

We spent three nights here....it was absolutely incredible. (Seems to be the overall theme of the three different Sarova properties we stayed at while in Kenya)

It's hard to believe that the facility is 30 years old.

I thoroughly enjoyed everything about our stay here....the staff was awesome! The food incredible (something for everyone...although the best Mandazi was at the Lake Nakuru Lodge....LOL)--the bed was wonderful and who knew a modern day bathroom could be built within a canvas tent concept with a real roof? LOL.

I wish we could have stayed a couple more days. (I keep telling my friends that I would camp more if we had Sarova's in States. hee-hee)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sherrie69

Dear Guest,

Karibu tena Sarova Mara!

We are touched by your very warm review and feel challenged to want you back as indeed we promise to work on our 'Mandazi' to be second to none.

We look forward to your return and assure you of a more restful and memorable stay.

Thank you.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

omg!! i have no words for my stay at this camp! we had the club tents which were basically the last tents in the game camp overlooking the wildlife....the rooms were huge and spacious and very wow...bathroom was extra huge and very clean and tidy. had tea making facilities, mosquito wipes and repellents. small hot water bottles were put inside our beds before we went to sleep and they were so comforting. all the staff were very kind and attentive you your needs. the food at the resturant again was spectacular...with huge and tasty selections of different cuisines from salads to mains to desserts. I couldn't see a fault anywhere. wifii was not free and had to be paid for. had maasai dance in the evenings and people sat in the lobby/bar which had a fire place keeping the place nice and toasty. overall i would definitely go back to this game camp and stay in the club tents again.

Room Tip: club tents which were the last tents in the blocks overlooked the wildlife separating the tents and...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Anthony K, Manager at Sarova Mara Game Camp, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Dear guest,

It was a pleasure reading your 'WOW' experience with us. We highly appreciate the fact that we did live up to your expectation. our desire is to make Sarova Mara your camp of choice when in the Maasai Mara by providing uncompromised levels of service.

The entire team here wishes you all the very best and look forward to hosting you yet again.

Thank you.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

During 18 days in Keyna I stayed at 5 x Sarova hotels. All unique in their style but have consistent staff commitment and efficiency. Had a wonderful stay at Mara game camp: Thank-you to everyone...hope I can come back again!

Room Tip: Rooms are tents but its serious Glamping!!! All have brick built bathrooms, electric and comfortable...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Dear guest,

Thank you for your appreciation of Sarovas biggest asset - Our staff. Such is our commitment to our employees by offering a dynamic and challenging work environment fostering personal and professional growth that we refer the team as 'our associates'!

This has been the pillar of our growth by which we strive to provide personalized service to detail.

Welcome.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

My Easter could not have been this better..Thank you Mr. Anthony Kashero - Lodge Manager for making sure that my stay was well thought off. mmmmh...how about a bush Lunch on arrival even before we get to the camp..though i arrived late Samuel made sure that i got quality service.. and cant forget Imelda - the Buffet ambassador taking you through the whole menu and service to your fullest..thank you Imelda you were very helpful through out my stay. Sarova Mara will keep you engaged with the various activities and entertainment. Ken the driver and guide very informed made the Game drive one of a kind. Mohamed got my taste bands alert my getting my cocktail drink right, engaging with the client all the time. one thing that stood out for me..The staff are well motivated, informed and ready to help all the time, their creativity and talents like the Guitarist / musician Thumbs up. it was sad to say goodbye... Anytime i would go back and refer an avid traveler.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear guest,

We thank you for spending Easter festivities with us. Your feedback is truly humbling. It is also touching that you could name some of our team so well and where they did well. We do hope to have you back soon more so before and during Christmas holidays!

karibu nyumbani!

Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Most luxurious camping I have ever had! Family safari this was the fourth sarova hotels. Truly five star made ever more special by the genuine caring staff. A trip of a life time made even more special by this wonderful chain of hotels within Kenya.

Stayed: April 2014
Anthony K, Manager at Sarova Mara Game Camp, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your candid feedback. We feel greatly honored. We look forward to your next visit and assure you of yet another memorable stay.