Beautiful camp - stunning rooms, amazing cuisine, great guides (thanks Peter and Anthony - you were the best!) BUT one of our group had medication taken from their room. While staff members were scouring their tent to find it (it was not there - it had been thrown out or taken by the turn-down service) a ring belonging to her husband was removed from the tent (he had removed it to wash his hands and had not replaced it when his wife found her medication missing). Neither item was recovered and the attitude of management dismissive and insulting. We (10 of us) were offered a free bush breakfast on our last day. I explained that the persons needing compensation were the couple who lost precious items and politely declined. Again, front desk weak, rest of staff delightful (not withstanding those with sticky fingers). On the upside, they did have a resident doctor who was able to replace some of the lost meds, but not the anti-malarials. Fortunately I had some to spare (perhaps that is something they should have in stock!) Finally, while I'm happy to pay for alcoholic and soft drinks I really think charging for bottled water with meals is a bit much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sarova Mara Game Camp is located in the heart of the Maasai Mara Game Reserve in South West Kenya. It is 260 km from Nairobi, a 1-hour flight from Nairobi, 20-minute drive from the airstrip and a 5 1/2-hours drive from Nairobi on the new tarmac road. It is set on an elevation surrounded by two streams. The Camp is uniquely laid out over the sprawling grounds that include rolling manicured greens, a virtual mini forest of indigenous shrubs and exotic trees, a large pond stocked with fish, mini bird sanctuary and an authentic Maasai village adjoining the Camp. The Camp includes 20 club tents, 51 standard tents, 2 family tents, a main restaurant, bar and many bush dining options. The free form swimming pool has its own pool bar. In addition, it has its own fleet of well equipped safari vehicles with excellent guides. There are meeting rooms and numerous outdoor venues for dining and leisure. The entire Camp is surrounded by a 24 hour electric fence. The climate is very pleasant with clear warm days and cool nights Temperatures average from 26ْ C during the day to 12ْ C at night. There are sporadic rains in March, April, November & December. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Jovago.com, Priceline, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Sarova Mara Game Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sarova Mara Game Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Sarova Mara Game Camp Kenya/Masai Mara National Reserve