Fairmont Mara Safari Club
Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels(Masai Mara National Reserve)(Great Value!)
US$349
US$177
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Leopard Hill(Masai Mara National Reserve)
US$590
US$485
Mara Leisure Camp(Masai Mara National Reserve)(Great Value!)
US$209
US$192
  • Breakfast included
Sarova Mara Game Camp(Masai Mara National Reserve)(Great Value!)
US$368
US$222
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Mara Siria Camp(Masai Mara National Reserve)
US$392
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
AA Lodge Masai Mara(Masai Mara National Reserve)
US$206
US$176
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Azure Mara Haven(Masai Mara National Reserve)(Great Value!)
US$291
Orbitz.com
Porini Mara Camp(Masai Mara National Reserve)
Mara West Camp(Masai Mara National Reserve)
  • Restaurant
Lobo Wildlife Lodge(Serengeti National Park)
All reviewshippo cornerthe rivergame driveswake up callroom attendantluxury tentsour waiterbeautiful propertygame driverthe main lodgehot coffeeelusive leopardshower and toiletour tour guidewonderful experiencehippos and crocseach morning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

We were in the area doing some volunteering work. Fairmont was a fantastic location to see the best the Mara had to offer. Not to busy, we went in Safari drives everyday. Our tent oversaw the river where we saw hippos play during the day. Night time sounds was the best! I loved our stay here!

Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 16 August 2014

When planning a trip to Africa I really kept my mind open, not knowing what to expect. We were celebrating our 20th anniversary and wanted to go all out!
The Fairmont Mara Safari Club did not disappoint, from the moment you are met at the airstrip to the moment you leave you are made to feel so special by the staff. Our driver for the time there was John, he was amazing! If I had been told that drive from the airstrip to the lodge was it for safari I would have been completely happy! We had a 1.5 hour game drive from the airstrip to the resort and a full day game drive the next day. We saw the Big 5 which was top of my list of things to do.
The resort itself is beautiful, the rooms are amazing! Yes it gets chilly at night and you can hear the hippos in the river but when are you ever going to be able to say I got a wake-up call from hippos!
The food was great, from the huge selections for breakfast to the picnic lunch in the bush to the wonderful evening meals it was all good!
The staff was probably the best part, they were prompt (which I was expecting Dominican time or Jamaican time, not the case) John our driver and Joshua our butler were both fantastic! I love the wake-up calls with coffee and pastries.
If the hotel reads the reviews, I would just like to say a big THANK YOU!! For making our 20th anniversary so special.
Lynn and Guy from New Brunswick Canada

Room Tip: I was not ready for the cold nights, bring an extra sweater and warm PJs
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lgcanada_12
Geoffrey O, Rooms Division Manager at Fairmont Mara Safari Club, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share the experiences of your recent stay at Fairmont Mara Safari Club.

We are glad that you had an amazing experience with us enjoying several aspects of the Hotel especially the great welcome upon landing, the amazing tents, great game viewing experiences, great food with a wide selection as well as the personalised and engaging services offered by our staff.

Thank you for the great feedback of the memorable moments on your anniversary at the Resort and we shall share your sentiments with all our colleagues and in special mention of John and Joshua both who exceeded your expectations. We welcome you back to our Resort next time you visit the Maasai Mara!

Reviewed 15 August 2014

We just returned from our trip to Kenya which included 2 nights at the Fairmont Mara Safari Club. The luxury tent was clean, well-appointed and the showers were hot and lovely - very welcome as we had spent a week at an NGO camp where the amenities were less than ideal.

Many of the other resorts/camps in the area are not fenced in, but we appreciated the electric fence around the Fairmont property, especially after being on safari and seeing all the wild animals so close to the property!

Only complaint? The hotel shouldn't charge for bottled water as all tourists are told not to drink tap water. Other than that, no issues. Good amenities, good food, nice staff.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share the experiences of your recent stay at Fairmont Mara Safari Club.

We are glad that you had a lovely stay experience with us; enjoying the well appointed tents with hot showers, the good food, nice staff as well as the comfortable feeling of being very safe at the hotel despite being in a wild animal territory.

Thank you for the great feedback and we have noted your suggestion on the provision of bottled drinking water during meals however, as you may have observed, in addition to the provision we offer in all the guest tents, we also provide our guests' a choice of a drink ; Water, Local beer and/or a soft drink during the game drives as the guests' enjoy the game viewing out in the savannah but we have noted your concern for consideration.

Thank you and we welcome you back to our Resort next time you visit the Maasai Mara!

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I came here with my dad and 5 year old and this was one of those vacations I will never forget for as long as I live. And this lodge was one of the best I had seen. Lovely friendly staff and of course the scene was amazing. I have fallen in love with all hippos.

Room Tip: Get the tents near the corner to see the hippos all afternoon long.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sharmeen K
Geoffrey O, Rooms Division Manager at Fairmont Mara Safari Club, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear guest,

We are glad that you had memorable moments with us enjoying several aspects of the hotel especially our lovely friendly staff, great game viewing experinces as well as the amazing scenery of our location.

Thank you for the great feedback and we welcome you, your daughter and your dad back to our Resort next time you visit the Maasai Mara.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

The Mara Safari club was our first stop on our two week trip through Kenya. It made for a very high bar for the rest of the trip and was never equaled.
The property is in a bend in the Mara river which is filled with hippos and crocodiles. The river is down an embankment about 20' so no need to worry. :-)
You are greeted after your arrival and every subsequent game drive with warm or chilled scented towels to clean off the road dust and cob webs.
You are then seated and given refreshments while you check in then you are shown to your "Tent". The tents are only tents in that they are covered with canvas. They have real floors, plumbing, electricity and interior walls. There is a fridge and the beds have mosquito netting.
The beds are super comfy and the room is very "african safari" themed.
The compound is beautiful, the tents are all spread out, there is a pool, "Hippo Corner" to watch the hippos and the lodge is wonderful.
The power goes off at night and during the afternoons while you are gone so in the morning you are woken up with the beverage of your choice and a gleeful "Jambo! Jambo!" outside your tent. I still smile when I think about it. I can't get my neighbors at home to agree to do the same for me unfortunately.
The staff goes WAY out of their way to make you feel comfortable and at home. Everyone was amazingly friendly and courteous. Ruth in dining and reception was a star, so lovely and warm and friendly.
All the drives are inclusive and you have the same driver each day. They have multiple vehicles with radios so when someone finds something you can all race over and see it as well. As a result we saw the "Big Five" within 48 hours of arrival. I have friends that needed five different trips to Africa to see the Big Five. They are very upset with me. :-) In the Masai Mara game park and the surrounding conservancy the guides are allowed to drive off the roads unlike other parks where you have to stay on the road and wait for the game to cross the road. As a result we saw lions feeding, cheetahs hunting, nearly saw a kill, saw several hyenas and jackals feeding, basically everything. Henry our driver was another star, he explained everything, was very friendly and after the first day when we said it would be nice to have a beer or two on the drive he made sure we had them on subsequent drives.
I am so very thankful to the staff at the Mara Club for making our trip so wonderful. It really is something I will always remember. Forever.
A side note, there is an $80 pp conservancy charge in addition to the room charge. This goes to the Masai Conservancy which administers the conservation area, not just the park. Its still worth it. This is not the place or the trip to cheap out on.
Also, we did the balloon ride, it was $500 pp but completely worth it. It was expensive but seriously, a breakfast balloon ride over the Mara? Why WOULDN'T you do it?!?!?!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

We are so glad that you had a perfect visit while staying with us enjoying several aspects of the hotel especially the luxurious tents with balconies that face the river thereby offering an unobstructed view of the croc/hippo infested Mara river, the super comfy beds, the wonderful welcome on arrival at the airstrip and after every game drive, the rich game viewing experince as well as the warm friendly and personalised services offered by our staff.

Thank you for the great feedback which we shall definately share with our colleagues and in special mention to Ruth and Henry both who exceeded your expectations. We welcome you back to our Resort next time you visit the Maasai Mara.