by far the best trip of my life! The whole experience of the safar at the Maasai Mara was magical, maybe it was down to luck that we got to see almost everything (only thing missing was to a see a live kill). The staff are incredible, very friendly and very educated about the animals and the history of everything around us. The camp site itself is great. You stay in 5 star tents, with toilets and shower, very comfortable bed and sitting area as well. At night you feel the animals around you, very exciting feeling. The food at the camp is also very delicious, always fresh ad very tasty. For sure worth a visit with friends and loved ones, not sure if its perfect for young kids. I loved it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deep within Kenya's Maasai Mara National Reserve, Rekero offers a spectacular location from which to watch the Great Migration as the wildebeest thunder across the river just outside camp. This traditional East African camp evokes the romance of safaris from a bygone era. The elegant tents form a tranquil oasis perched stategically above the mighty Talek River. The sweeping views from camp take in the surrounding plains, which support some of the greatest concentrations and diversity of wildlife in Africa. The cherry on top is the warm hospitality of our team and our world-renowned game-viewing guides with years of expertise - in such good hands you are ensured an incomparable Maasai Mara safari experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Jovago.com, Priceline and Cancelon so you can book your Rekero Camp, Asilia Africa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rekero Camp, Asilia Africa Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Rekero Camp, Asilia Africa Kenya/Masai Mara National Reserve