This was our third visit to the camp and that says it all. On this visit we saved the camp till last. Nothing wrong with the others but Rekero just seems that bit special. I put it down to the lack of fences and that "back to nature" feel which is not really compared to Masai dwellings but to us westerners just right. Again food service game viewing all top notch
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deep within Kenya's Maasai Mara National Reserve, Rekero offers a spectacular location from which to watch the Great Migration as the wildebeest thunder across the river just outside camp. This traditional East African camp evokes the romance of safaris from a bygone era. The elegant tents form a tranquil oasis perched stategically above the mighty Talek River. The sweeping views from camp take in the surrounding plains, which support some of the greatest concentrations and diversity of wildlife in Africa. The cherry on top is the warm hospitality of our team and our world-renowned game-viewing guides with years of expertise - in such good hands you are ensured an incomparable Maasai Mara safari experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Jovago.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline and Cancelon so you can book your Rekero Camp, Asilia Africa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rekero Camp, Asilia Africa Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Rekero Camp, Asilia Africa Kenya/Masai Mara National Reserve