We stayed here for the first part of our honeymoon. It totally exceeded our expectations, and we could not have asked for any more.
The staff were friendly and attentive. Nothing was too much trouble. They even set up a surprise candlelight dinner on our terrace the last night, which was amazing. They were all fantastic, and went above and beyond to make our trip perfect.
The room was stunning. So comfortable after a long journey! It was very secluded, and the terrace was gorgeous overlooking the river. There was a story put on the pillow each night, which we loved. We need to stay longer next time to collect them all!
The game drives were fantastic, Lucas took us all the way to the Tanzania border, we saw much more than we had thought possible.
The food was absolutely delicious, tasty and fresh.
We honestly couldn't have wished for anything more during our stay, except that it was longer!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sanctuary Olonana, our award-winning tented camp situated on a private stretch of the Mara River, recently undergone a significant upgrade to the public areas of the lodge as well as a soft refurbishment to the tented rooms and pool area. The interior decor reflects a contemporary design using a combination of light earthy tones and the local Maasai women played an active part in the refurbishment using the same traditional technique used in their own houses to “mud” the interior walls in all of the main areas and curio shop. From the main viewing deck see and hear the family of noisy hippos who colonise the banks below the camp. Relax with a good book in the library, cool off in the pool or for an extra special treat, experience traditional African remedies and spa treatments in the mini-spa. Oversized Safari Tents – Built on the banks of the Mara River, the twelve canvas tents at Sanctuary Olonana are extremely comfortable and spacious. The ensuite tents all have two four-poster beds with floor to ceiling mosquito netting – making them perfect for families travelling with small children. Each of the private verandas overlook the river and offer the perfect spot where guests can relax and watch the resident hippos wallow in the water. There are also two honeymoon suites with each featuring outdoor showers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd and Agoda so you can book your Sanctuary Olonana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanctuary Olonana Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Sanctuary Olonana Kenya/Masai Mara National Reserve