We spent 4 nights here and did not want to leave - could have stayed extra days just to relax and enjoy the lodge. Management and staff were genuinely frindly and helpful, food fabulous (thanks to 'Big John' and kitchen staff), 'tent' - spacious and very comfortable and the resident hippos made sitting outside most interesting as did the odd elephant and crocodile (thankfully, they were across the river!). The game drives were great and we highly recommend a hot air balloon ride across 'the Mara'. It was fabulous, especially arriving an hour later somewhere in the Mara Triangle to a fully cooked breakfast complete with white linen tablecloths, champagne and hot coffee. This visit was in March 2014; low season, so only few tourists but still saw all the animals. Would love to return in high season to witness the migration but don't know if I could take the crowds as we so enjoyed the quiet and easy pace. Highly recommend Sanctuary Olonana.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sanctuary Olonana, our award-winning tented camp situated on a private stretch of the Mara River, recently undergone a significant upgrade to the public areas of the lodge as well as a soft refurbishment to the tented rooms and pool area. The interior decor reflects a contemporary design using a combination of light earthy tones and the local Maasai women played an active part in the refurbishment using the same traditional technique used in their own houses to “mud” the interior walls in all of the main areas and curio shop. From the main viewing deck see and hear the family of noisy hippos who colonise the banks below the camp. Relax with a good book in the library, cool off in the pool or for an extra special treat, experience traditional African remedies and spa treatments in the mini-spa. Oversized Safari Tents – Built on the banks of the Mara River, the twelve canvas tents at Sanctuary Olonana are extremely comfortable and spacious. The ensuite tents all have two four-poster beds with floor to ceiling mosquito netting – making them perfect for families travelling with small children. Each of the private verandas overlook the river and offer the perfect spot where guests can relax and watch the resident hippos wallow in the water. There are also two honeymoon suites with each featuring outdoor showers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Sanctuary Olonana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanctuary Olonana Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Sanctuary Olonana Kenya/Masai Mara National Reserve