Everything is a dream, elegant, detailed, definitely perfect, from the luxory tends, the service, the stunning view, the cousine, the Spa. This is what I've really dreamed of Africa. Under each tent and the restaurant terrace there are two permanent hippos family. The tent number 1 is the best. Our private safari guide, Lucas is highly recommended, in 3 days he managed to show us all the big 5, a gytha family, 2 rinos and a leopard. The romantic pic nic lunch and breakfast in the savannah are something that you have to experience at least once in your lifetime. The spa in the middle of he nature is a true paradise and a such similar terapist is quite hard to find in a European spa. She is very well trained. Definitely an hidden very intimate jem. August is the best time to go and see the Great Migration. There are plenty of all animals everywhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sanctuary Olonana, our award-winning tented camp situated on a private stretch of the Mara River, recently undergone a significant upgrade to the public areas of the lodge as well as a soft refurbishment to the tented rooms and pool area. The interior decor reflects a contemporary design using a combination of light earthy tones and the local Maasai women played an active part in the refurbishment using the same traditional technique used in their own houses to “mud” the interior walls in all of the main areas and curio shop. From the main viewing deck see and hear the family of noisy hippos who colonise the banks below the camp. Relax with a good book in the library, cool off in the pool or for an extra special treat, experience traditional African remedies and spa treatments in the mini-spa. Oversized Safari Tents – Built on the banks of the Mara River, the twelve canvas tents at Sanctuary Olonana are extremely comfortable and spacious. The ensuite tents all have two four-poster beds with floor to ceiling mosquito netting – making them perfect for families travelling with small children. Each of the private verandas overlook the river and offer the perfect spot where guests can relax and watch the resident hippos wallow in the water. There are also two honeymoon suites with each featuring outdoor showers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Sanctuary Olonana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sanctuary Olonana Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Sanctuary Olonana Kenya/Masai Mara National Reserve