“Astounding”
Review of Siana Springs

Siana Springs
Reviewed 2 April 2009

Siana Springs is just absolutely wonderful!

The game drives started early in the morning and finished late at night. We felt that after a while everyone would get bored, but in fact the game drives were so unpredictable that most of us became hooked! Our driver, Gerald, was very sociable and good company to my colleagues and myself. The food was really good... lots of variety. The Masai dance given by the local residents was fascinating. Learning about the ways of Masai people and the history of Kenya was really interesting.

The one person that made this experience unforgettable was Ola-JJ; the host Masai. I thoroughly enjoyed his company as did my colleagues.. We really miss him =) I was just wondering whether or not to put up the silly photos of him brushing his teeth... if by any chance he finds them, he'll know exactly who's responsible and then I'm trouble. lol

I will be re-visiting Siana Springs in October 2010... and look forward to it!

I recommend Siana Springs Intrepid to ALL!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank SianaSprings
There are newer reviews for Siana Springs

Reviewed 15 December 2008

I went to Siana Springs as a lone female and I just loved it! They made me feel very welcome and comfortable.

The accommodation was great, but I chose to move to a tent with a newer canopy, as the orginal one was the old style with less Mosquito netting, so less light. They moved me the next day and so everything was fine (it would be worth checking that you have a tent with a new style canopy).

The food was fantastic!!!!! Not one bad meal and I stayed well throughout my stay. The staff were very helpful, accommodating and sincere. My driver - David - was wonderful and we got the 'big 5' in only 2.5 days!

The only draw back is that it is about 20 mins out of The Mara Reserve itself and the road is bad! The Mara isn't fenced so the animals can move freely, but I never saw anything of interest until we got in to the actual reserve, so the journey was long especially after being out all day. The only thing that compensates are the Maasai Villages along the way, but the novelty does wear off, I have to be honest. Also, the vehicles are basic Land Rovers, so a very hard ride, not great if you have a back condition for example.

I saw another 2 Lodges when there, and Siana was by far the most authentic, as the others were SO! commercialised and too big. Siana is intimate and made me feel like I was truly on Safari.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled solo
3  Thank tinycea
Reviewed 28 September 2008

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank tajay214
Reviewed 7 September 2008

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Sward10626

3  Thank Draavig
Reviewed 13 November 2007

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)