Siana Springs
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels(Masai Mara National Reserve)
  • Breakfast included
Sarova Mara Game Camp(Masai Mara National Reserve)
  • Breakfast included
Mara Leisure Camp(Masai Mara National Reserve)
  • Breakfast included
AA Lodge Masai Mara(Masai Mara National Reserve)
  • Breakfast included
Porini Mara Camp(Masai Mara National Reserve)
View Hotel
    Mara Siria Camp(Masai Mara National Reserve)
    • Pool
    • Restaurant
    Mara West Camp(Masai Mara National Reserve)
    • Restaurant
    Fairmont Mara Safari Club(Masai Mara National Reserve)
    • Breakfast included
    All reviewscolobus monkeysbush buckstented campdeer wanderingdesignated timesinteresting drivemasai maracampfire areabumpy roadgame drivescomfortable bedspicnic lunchballoon triphot water bottles in your beddietary restrictionswonderful experiencesekenani gate
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 27 September 2009

We only stayed here for two nights, but we wished it was longer,it was the highlight of all our accommodation whilst in Kenya. The staff were all fantastic and couldn't do enough for you. The tents were so comfortable and peaceful. The food was great. Our children had a ball running around looking at the local wildlife, and looking for animals at night with their torches. The pool looked great, but too cold for us to swim. The drive past the villages to get to Masai Mara were great, waving children, livestock and many other snippets of village life. I would highly recommend Siana to anyone with children, young or old. Next time, I'll book in for a massage just to top it all off!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
    Reviewed 17 August 2009

I found reading all the reviews prior to making a decision on where to stay very helpful. so wanted to add one myself. Just returned from a 4 day stay at Siana Springs. Booked through Wanderlust Safaris in Nairobi who were very helpful. The lodge is in a beautiful setting, service is wonderful, the atmosphere was great and the food outstanding. What drew us to this lodge were reviews talking about it being more of an authentic African experience and it didn't disappoint. Seeing the masai people along the road into the reserve each day, the nightly visists and dances by the masai warriors, and chats with Enock, a masai who serves as the camp naturalist were all highlights. We also were drawn by descriptions of safari 4 x 4 vehicles rather than the typical pop up bus. We were a bit surprised to see we had the 'bus' but in the end, it was fine. Being tall, I enjoyed the chance to stand and stretch in the vehicle. We had Stephen as our driver. He was excellent. We saw many animals, lions feeding on a wildebeest, and the wildebeest crossing the Mara River, one of the things that drew me to the reserve.
    Yes the drive in the reserve each day is bumpy and dusty, but so was the 5 hour drive from Nairobi.
    Caution - Kenyan drivers drive where they think the road is smoothest, not necessarily on their side of the road.
    I would very strongly recommend Siana Springs.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
    Reviewed 8 August 2009

I have visited the mara three times before and enjoy staying in camps I throughly loved my time in Siana Springs. The staff were attentive and friendly the tents large and clean the food very good . and the added attraction for me was the wildlife, Bush Bucks,Tree Hyrax, Colobus and Vervet Monkeys& Bush Babies . It is however around 25mins form the actual mara reserve which i already knew but it really did,nt make a difference. My guide Jackson was great and we went on a couple of bush meals in the Mara which was exciting and different . I would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
    3  Thank kitkat064
    Reviewed 2 June 2009

During a 2 week safari in March, 2009, I stayed at this tented camp. Although it is a little older than the other camps I stayed at, the facilities were great, the beds were the most comfortable of the entire trip, food was good and the service was excellent. They also have a nice gift shop available. You will see wildlife walking about the grounds and the flowers are beautiful.

2  Thank MichiganLaurena
    Reviewed 24 May 2009

We stayed at Siana Springs in May 2009 and what a spectacular place it is...
    The tented accomodation was absolutely fantastic, the place is so tranquil, with bushbuck wandering around the property and the variety of monkeys in the trees!
    All the staff were so friendly and helpful, the food was first class, with a menu to die for..
    A gold star for the chefs...
    We went on safari from early morning to early evening, what an out of this world
    experience we had. Our driver Patrick was excellent, an absolute mind of information.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple