“Amazing wildlife”
Review of Porini Mara Camp

Porini Mara Camp
Reviewed 27 September 2012

This is the my first time safari in Africa and my first time to live in the tent, there are too many incredible, curiosity, fear, surprise, warm in the tent. I spent most wonderful three days two nights in my life. I was like a kid when I do every thing in here. I didnt sleep well at the first night because animals around here . Arfaoui cares about me and let me calm down. The very next day night I slept very well at the next night , because I was too tired when we spent 12-14 hours per day on game drives, even I didn't hear the hippo noise in the surrounding.
We tried to find leopards and hyenas, but it is very difficult, Youssef saw hyenas when he is alone with guides walk.
Thanks the driver and guide, we got really up-close-and-personal with the cheetahs brother, thrilling time is a young female lion and I are scare each other. they knew exactly where to find all the animals and all about them. Thanks to them . this is wonderful trip that made us happy.
When the elephant feel the end of his life, It will leave group, it will hiding in the bushes, as prepared pray.
On the last day, the monkey into our tent when we went out, I was surprised to find all of the cosmeticin plastic bag and all of the rubbish on the floor. These monkeys are clever.
Thank you camp manager ,David,he really knows how to take care of his guests, His smile and laugh was infectious. Thanks a whole staff ,they give you a hot water bottle in the evening . this is wonderful trip that made us happy.
I LOVE KENYA, I LOVE AFRICA , I LOVE Yf . I HAVE TO RETURN !

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Angela Z
There are newer reviews for Porini Mara Camp

Reviewed 26 September 2012

Our first safari and an experience never to forget, Harry and his team are situated in the perfect location to see the wildlife, we saw 3 out of the big 5 on the way to the camp from the airstrip.
steve our guide was excellent and so knowledgable. The tent, the food, the stargazing all exceeded our expectations. We met some great people and would recommend the mara porini camp to anyone looking for a perfect safari. Thank you so much!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank houldsworth2
Reviewed 25 September 2012

We had a great time at the Mara Porini Camp. The service by Maurice Nzwii in booking the trip was excellent – he worked extra hard to make sure we got the weekend we were looking for and was always responsive to my emails. Payment was easy and Maurice was flexible.

The safari was great – our car broke down about 40 minutes from the camp, and the manager Harry sent a car from the adventure camp to “rescue” us and then Harry liaised with the mechanic over the weekend to make sure our car was being repaired. They also gave us a ride back to our car, which really took away all the stress of an experience that could have ruined our vacation!

The staff was wonderful—as always. The food is plentiful and quite tasty, and we love the drinks and sundowners! We had James as our guide and driver, and he was hilarious and knew all the great places to take us to see animals (lion, leopard, cheetah, buffalo, hippo, elephant, and more!) even when the park was a bit “dry.” We’ve stayed at the Rhino Camp and the Amboseli Camp before, but this was our first trip to the Mara and we really enjoyed it. My parents were here on their first trip ever to Africa and their first safari ever, and they loved the entire experience. We will definitely continue to recommend Porini to all our friends.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I stayed here with my parents and we had the best time. The staff couldn't be friendlier. We had the most wonderful Masai guides- Simon ad Jasper- who literally know everything about the animals and the land and give an incredible commentary during our game drives.
Harry, the manager, even gave us some astronomy lessons!
We were woken up daily with tea/coffee/cookies and hot water- everyone was always right on time. The food was excellent and the rooms were extremely comfortable, clean, safe and just what we were looking for. I can't say enough good things- if you stay here, you will certainly be pleased! Oh- and so many good animals around!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 10 September 2012

After a long trip through Uganda and Kenya, after exhausting bus rides and unfriendly taxi-drivers, was the Porini Mara camp like an Oasis. The manager, the driver, the guide, the chef, the people,... there is not one person in this camp, who doesn't seem to like his job. And this is why they are all so good at it.
The food was excellent, the guide and driver made our day-trips to a road-trip with friends and the manager makes you feel like at home.
And in the beautiful tents, furnished with love you really have to feel at home - or even better, because I don't have anyone who puts a warming bottle in my bed before I go to sleep.
It was really an expierence worth-while! Thank you!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank NiNa S
Reviewed 6 September 2012

The camp is very small (just six very comfortable tents) in the middle of a private conservancy packed with wildlife and offers a thorough immersion in nature. David, the director, manages the camp with a unique enthusiasm that propagates to the whole staff. We were pampered all the time. The guides are expert and do their very best to offer unforgettable drives. Even meals were remarkable. A must!

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Luigi F
Reviewed 6 September 2012

This is one of the best places I've ever been. Beautiful, serene, well staffed and with outstanding guides. They may call these tent camps but I've been in luxury hotels that were not as comfortable and did not have nearly as good staff. The game was unbelievable, the guides knowledgeable and friendly and the food and accommodations were superb. This is a trip you should make and this is the place to stay. We saw more game in the conservancy than we did in the park and had far fewer competitors for viewing sights, in fact we rarely saw another vehicle in the conservancy while in the park there were swarms of them. This was the most accommodating and attentive staff I have ever encountered at any resort.

Room Tip: All tents are great.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family