The porini mara camps situated in Oi Kinyei Conservancy is The Perfect Place to have the feel of the Wilderness. Here, it seems that everything is perfact. The Most Cooperative staff, the wilderness around you, the weather in August everything. The Camp Manager "Jimmy", wow....what a man he is...the way he manages and fulfils the requirement of the guest, I have no words...You ask for a tea (Masala Tea - As we Indians Prefer) with hot water at 5:00 am in the morning, he makes sure that his staff wakes you up with all requested stuff sharp at 5:00am. One interesting thing, I want to share with you. The Chef doesn't have the word "NO" is his dictionary. One, nice evening on 9th of August, 2014; it was raining so game drive wasn’t possible due to overcast and rain. We were on camp, we were having a tea in excellent weather, and we just asked chef whether he knows to make “Bhajiya or Pakora”. He was bit hesitant to say no, so he requested what are the ingredients, my wife and my friend’s wife just described the recipe. In no time Jimmy permitted them (my wife and my friend’s wife) to use the kitchen to show the chef how to prepare “Veg. Pakora”. After, a while, the chef decided to try his way and came up with nice chilly Pakora. This kind of approach made our evening most memorable – In The Middle of the Jungle, Evening Rain, Masala Tea, Pakora….wow. The camps are well maintained. The staffs are too good; we went with young as well as teenage kids. There is no issue at all. In the night you can feel the presence of animals around your tents, Zebras, Impalas, Monkeys, roar of lions etc. A perfect place to enjoy wilderness. Jimmy and his team - you people are the best……..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Porini Mara Camp is located in the exclusive 17,500 acre wildlife conservancy of Ol Kinyei, one of the most beautiful wilderness areas in the Serengeti-Mara eco-system. The camp has 6 spacious guest tents with an en-suite bathroom sited in the shade of Yellow-barked Acacia trees. The camp accommodates a maximum of 12 guests, where guests enjoy game drives in 4x4s, sundowners at scenic viewing points and escorted walks with Maasai guides. Ol Kinyei is noted for its excellent wildlife viewing with a resident pride of lions, cheetahs, leopards and a wide variety of animals. There is a strict limit on the number of tourist vehicles allowed in the conservancy so that visitors from the camp can view the wildlife without other vehicles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com so you can book your Porini Mara Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mara Porini Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Porini Mara Camp Kenya/Masai Mara National Reserve