We arrived at the Kichwa Tembo airstip amidst Giraffe, Gazelle and Zebra with endless rolling savannah, the Mara was everything we had imagined. We were staying at the eco- friendly Kilima Camp, which was perfectly situated on the edge of the escarpment overlooking the park, a 15 minute drive (on a very bumpy track) outside the park. However the view from the camp was unbelievable, with a perfect view of the Mara River. All the tents overlooked the Mara below and were very practical and comfortable, we were even impressed with the bush shower!!
The food at this camp was perfect, with tasty soups and tender steaks, there was a varied menu and in our opinion too much food!
Our guide was very knowledgable and enthusiastic as were the Masai warriors who hosted bush walks around the camp. We saw the Big 5 on the first day and had an encounter with a leopard and were fortunate enough to see a cheetah hunting.
We were very impressed by Kilima, it was the perfect escape with magnificent views and would consider a future visit during the migration.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kilima Camp is a small and intimate eco-friendly tented camp with a stunning view over the Mara rive and the Masai Mara Reserve.Like all our standard tents, our two new Deluxe tents benefit from fantastic and unspoiled views!We offer excellent game viewing in the Mara Triangle with our 4x4 vehicle and our qualified and experienced guides. Being this close to nature , with panoramic views of the Masai Mara, we guarantee you that you will see amazing wildlife ! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK) and Evoline ltd so you can book your Kilima Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kilima Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Kilima Camp Kenya/Masai Mara National Reserve