We went to Mara Siria as a family for two nights as a flying package arranged by Phoenix safaris. We were nicely surprised how good the camp was and we had an excellent weekend away. We stayed in the deluxe tents which were very spacious and nicely decorated with large verandas. The bathrooms were also very spacious. While you have to ask for hot water for showers this gave a feeling of a real safari, and it was very well organized each evening, with water brought at whichever time you liked. This was absolutely no worry and only added to the charm. The service was the highlight—very attentive to each visitor giving it a luxury feeling. The staff were also very child friendly making it easy to visit with a 4 year old. The food was very good; with lunch provide outside, and dinners taken in a very intimate and cozy tent. My personal highlight was the packed breakfasts we were provided with both mornings on our game drive. As a close second in terms of highlights the amazing little plunge pool hidden away as a gem of the bush camp, overlooking the Mara with stunning views. A must to visit one of the hot days in between game drives!
Our safari guide Jackson was excellent and we had stunning game drives each time. He was very calm and focused on finding animals. We all appreciated his calm way of finding the animals and good angles to see them, and we got to see all the animals (aside from leopard and cheetah) in a very natural way. Lots and lots of lions! He took very good care of the rules of the Mara triangle which we think should be commended (i.e. no off-side driving or disturbing the animals unnecessarily during hunting etc).
The only thing for visitors to be prepared for is the slightly bumpy 15-20 min uphill drive from the park main gate up to the Mara Siria. It is a beautiful scenic drive but can get a little long with children. But this is something we quickly got used to and did not take away from the charm of the place. The reward for the climb is of course the beautiful views up from the camp itself. For morning game drives we tried to leave 6 am sharp to get down to the park on time for the sun rise. This was a very nice alternative to the larger lodges we have been in the Mara and we would happily come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mara Siria is a specially designed luxury tented bush camp for those travellers who want to experience a true wildlife safari off the beaten track. Mara Siria Camp reverts to the original spirit and to the true meaning of “Safari” by offering individual services and private atmosphere.The camp's location on top of the Siria Escarpment offers an unique and stunning view into the plains of the Maasai Mara Triangle and at the Mara River. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jovago.com and Agoda so you can book your Mara Siria Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mara Siria Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Mara Siria Camp Kenya/Masai Mara National Reserve