My wife and I really enjoyed our stay at Mara Siria. We are in our mid-fifties and went with another couple in their late fifties. The other couple had been to the camp a few years ago with their son and daughter-in-law and all had enjoyed themselves immensely. From the moment we arrived we knew this was a special place. The staff greeted us warmly, accommodated our every request, and made our stay most enjoyable. The tents were very spacious and spread out. Our tent was near our friends but far enough away for privacy. The game drives were unforgettable - many elephants, giraffes, lions, cheetahs, antelope, etc. Our guide, Jackson, was very knowledgeable and seemed to know just were to go and how to pace each game drive. The camp provided great boxed lunches for us so that we could stay out in the Mara most of the day. The views from the camp were great and the sounds of the animals in the night was magical. We thought the food was great given the remote location. Zebras and giraffes in the camp! I got up early one day to view the sunrise. Just awesome! Only complaint was that our bed was a bid too firm. We were there for three days and two nights which was just enough. Will probably return in a few years with other friends or family. Would highly recommend paying entry fees online for the Maasai Mara - we had issues with our credits cards which took a while to remedy (this had nothing to do with Mara Siria Camp). Would also recommend flying to the camp over driving. The flight only takes an hour from Wilson airport in Nairobi to the airstrip which is about a 20 minute drive from the camp. February was a great time to be at the camp - days are warm and dry and nights cool, and the camp was not busy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mara Siria is a specially designed luxury tented bush camp for those travellers who want to experience a true wildlife safari off the beaten track. Mara Siria Camp reverts to the original spirit and to the true meaning of “Safari” by offering individual services and private atmosphere.The camp's location on top of the Siria Escarpment offers an unique and stunning view into the plains of the Maasai Mara Triangle and at the Mara River. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jovago.com and Agoda so you can book your Mara Siria Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mara Siria Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Mara Siria Camp Kenya/Masai Mara National Reserve