What a great place. We were given the luxury of the honeymoon tent as it was our 5th wedding anniversary. The camp, host Barbara, staff and guide Francis were amazing. Wonderful food, amazing game drives and the peaceful setting that is Elephant pepper.
This was the last of three Cheli and peacock places we stayed and they were all spectacular and all very different.
Although Elephant pepper was the most basic in terms of services it was the best for game viewing. The drives made up for no running water and short buckets showers and we had the unusual experience of having the camp tp ourselves for 2 of the 3 nights we were there. On the second night i was frigthened by a herd of buffalo grazing on all sides of our tent. To be this close to the wild is remarkable. My wife was also only feet from a male lion as they set out for their evening meal which thankfully was not her.
Thanks for the effort. Well worth the money and an experience we will never forget.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elephant Pepper Camp is situated within the Mara North Conservancy. Small and exclusive, the camp is located in the heart of the African Bush. Our spacious canvas tents are comfortably furnished, featuring en suite bathrooms with flush toilets and traditional safari showers. Nothing rivals sitting around the campfire enjoying the sounds of the African night. Elephant Pepper Camp brings people back to nature – no traffic, no permanent structures, just the sights and sounds of the African bush. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Elephant Pepper Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elephant Pepper Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Elephant Pepper Camp Kenya/Masai Mara National Reserve