“Naibor - Simply Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Naibor Camp

Naibor Camp
London
“Naibor - Simply Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2010

Myself and my husband stayed at Naibor for three nights on our honeymoon at the beginning of January 2010. It was the most fantastic part of our whole trip. From the moment we touched down at Ol Kiombo airstrip our guide, Lolo, couldn't have done enough for us. We saw so many animals, just on the way to the camp from the airstrip! The camp was lovely - so much more than we had expected. Our tent was secluded, very private, and despite being so remote, it was equiped with everything we needed. A flushing toilet felt like a real luxury, bucket showers were great fun, and it was so nice to get back to basics for a while, but in a clean and luxurious way. We felt totally secure as we had a little walkie-talkie in case of emergency, and there was always security nearby if needed - which they weren't. Listening to hippos during the night was a huge highlight, if a little concerning to start with as they really are close!. The staff were extremely friendly and the food fabulous. In short, the location, the accommodation, the food, and the staff were all first class and we couldn't have wished for anything better for our honeymoon. I wholeheartedly recommend a stay at Naibor! We are saving up to go again already!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lazlo_B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Suffolk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2010

From the very moment we arrived we were looked after by our guide Nelson, one of the nicest and knowledgeable person you could wish to meet. The journey to the camp was memorable as we saw lots of animals on the way. Naibor Camp itself was great, the people extremely friendly and helpful, the accommodation was wonderful, especially because it was by the Talek River, home to lots of hippos. The food was very good and I liked the idea of meeting up for a drink round the camp fire before dinner, so everyone could get to know each other and swop the experiences of the day. Every day when we were out on safari there were animals aplenty and Nelson was always on hand to give us information about the species. I loved every second of our stay.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2009

I was lucky enough to stay at Naibor in August of this year. I was a 19 year old travelling on my own and Jamie and Sophie, the management team, went out of their way to make me welcome. I also met one of the owners, Anthony Cheffings, who was clearly deeply committed to the success of Naibor.

The game drives were fantastic. Although the rhino had migrated we got great sightings of the other big four. Just as good for me though was the evening atmosphere at the camp with Jamie and Sophie making sure everyone was fully involved in conversation and entertainment.

I have been to the Mara before but for me Naibor gave me the most complete package of luxury, game viewing and atmosphere.

Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2009

Me and my partner stayed at Naibor in August 2009, on a recommendation from one of our friends who has travels to Kenya a lot. We thought that the tents are average and look better in the photos than real life. The tents (well ours) looked a little old and tired and the bed linen and towels, we expected better for something promoted as 5 star.

Another thing, we had a problem with a few of our possessions disappearing, like a compact digital camera and some medications. The managers didn’t really take these claims seriously saying that maybe we lost these things during a game drive. Other than that the trip was ok, guides and the like.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank kymshizbat
Glasgow, Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2009

My wife and I spent four days and nights at Naibor. We found the management team to be very friendly and flexible, the game viewing exceptional and the accommodation very comfortable. It is one of the best situated camps we have stayed at with the river animals giving a great backdrop to the evening drinks around the campfire. We would happily return.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
east africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2009

Naibor is the best masai mara camp i have visited . Having stayed in several camps in the mara , i found the location , the service , the staff simply top class.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
Cardiff
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2009

Not my first safari, but by far the best. Sophie, Jamie & Pedro made the stay extra special and ensured that I saw the big five and more in this amazing location. The accommodation and food were wonderful and all staff were kind and attentive. Never once did I feel unsafe or uncared for. I cannot praise them enough!!

• Stayed December 2008, travelled with friends