This Safari Lodge is Awesome
My girlfriend and I had never been on a Safari before, so I was nervous about spending alot of money on something that wouldn't be the best, and none of my friends had ever been. I did a bunch of searches online and I found Royal Mara, then I found the reviews here, and with so many people saying great things, we decided to book it.
If you've never been to africa before (we've just travelled mostly in the US and 1st world countries), it is a bit of a shock to arrive in Nairobi airport. We left the next morning from Wilson Airport to fly out to the Mara (About 45 minutes I think). When we landed, a driver was there to bring us to the camp. The amount of animals we saw just driving to the camp was unreal. It was like we were the animals in the moving zoo of the car, because all the animals, Elephants, Zebra, Widebeest, Topi, and many others were just hanging out as we drove by.
The camp itself is definitely a private place, and made us feel like we had spent twice as much money. Our own private villa, with guards (there are no camp fences there). We could hear the animals all around us at night, even the roars of the lions across the river as they hunted at night. Just too much to do justice to the experience. Top notch food (lots of variety), service (early morning until late night the staff is actually tuned to serve you), cleanliness and comfort. Really a 5 Star Hotel in the middle of nowhere.. Who would have thought it possible..... Two words.... "Go There". Royal Mara has us hooked. We'll be back. Fantastic work on a life changing experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Mara is a luxury safari and game viewing lodge located in Kenya's world famous Masai Mara, home to the annual Great Migration of the Wildebeest. We are situated directly on the Mara River with six riverfront guest suites. All suites are raised upon wooden decks with full mahogany flooring and original hand carved furniture. See the same wildlife-rich areas as broadcast on the BBC Big Cat Diary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Jovago.com so you can book your Royal Mara Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Mara Safari Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Royal Mara Safari Lodge Kenya/Masai Mara National Reserve