Flew in from Malindi for 2nights/3days tour. Booked this through Abdul at Tunda Tours. For anyone staying in Watamu area we would recommend. Picked up from airstrip and experiance our first game drive couldn't believe the abundance of wildlife we saw. Within the first hour on the Masai Mara we had seen 3 of the big 5. On arrival at the lodge we where greeted with cool drinks and refreshing towel whilst checking in with James the manager. Then after a short introduction to our neighbours the hippo's we where introduced to our room guy Mark who showed us around our lodge Tembo no2 of 8 lodges. The place absolutely blew us away the detail and workmanship that as gone into these rooms is outstanding. The rooms are spacious and immaculately clean and there is a lovely walk in shower room with robes towels and toiletries to hand. Our first meal was a lovely surprise we where driven out on the plains and served a barbeque lunch. Food at the lodge was all top class restaurant standard. Meal times where quite special the managemnet went to great lenghs to vary location of meals. Dinner round the open fire or lunch by the side of the river all beautiful atmsopheric settings. Enjoyed all the game drives but do take a fleece for the early morning starts. We must mention that the lodge is very important to the local community, working closely with the Massia tribes and the conservation of the area. Special thanks to John our driver, Mark our room man, Tom our waiter, and not forgetting Wilson the head chef who made us the most delicious soups.
THE ROYAL MARA LODGE IS ABSOULTE QUALITY
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Mara is a luxury safari and game viewing lodge located in Kenya's world famous Masai Mara, home to the annual Great Migration of the Wildebeest. We are situated directly on the Mara River with six riverfront guest suites. All suites are raised upon wooden decks with full mahogany flooring and original hand carved furniture. See the same wildlife-rich areas as broadcast on the BBC Big Cat Diary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Royal Mara Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Mara Safari Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Royal Mara Safari Lodge Kenya/Masai Mara National Reserve