We spent two nights at the Royal Mara and honestly had the most amazing time.
The rooms are excellent with the best bed ever plenty of space, hot water and a fully flushing toilet you would never think you are in a tent!
The lodge itself is based right beside the mara river, by day you can watch the hippos wallowing in the river and by night you can hear them which reminds you how close to nature you are.
The food at the lodge is fantastic and my only complaint would be that there was too much of it and as it was so nice I had to eat it all of course!! I am a vegetarian and they catered for my dietary needs with the most delicious and creative dishes.
The staff at the lodge were also fantastic everyone from our waiter, housekeeper, security guards and the game driver could not do enough for us. It's true when they say Kenyans are the nicest people! The hospitality was great and they genuinely just wanted us to have a great time.
On safari we saw 3 of the big five on our first game drive. We went at the end of the rainy season so was not expecting much but out driver Jeffery was excellent at spotting the animals and so knowledgable about the animals and their habits. We had breakfast in the middle of the Mara which was a truly memorable experience.
I cannnot praise the Royal Mara enough. I have travelled many places and stayed in many hotels and also worked in the travel industry myself. I would recommend this hotel to anyone with out hesitation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Mara is a luxury safari and game viewing lodge located in Kenya's world famous Masai Mara, home to the annual Great Migration of the Wildebeest. We are situated directly on the Mara River with six riverfront guest suites. All suites are raised upon wooden decks with full mahogany flooring and original hand carved furniture. See the same wildlife-rich areas as broadcast on the BBC Big Cat Diary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Jovago.com so you can book your Royal Mara Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Mara Safari Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Royal Mara Safari Lodge Kenya/Masai Mara National Reserve