We stayed at the Royal Mara for three nights from 15th to 18th August..
we were very impressed with the hospitality and the level of personalized service
Steve our waiter plus trip arranger was fabulous and could meet all our requests with a smile.
The guides were superb and knowledgeable .most of the time we were with Simon but one day we went with Wilson and he was fabulous as well in terms of drive comfort .. flexibility and ability to spot the cats from a distance
in our 3 days trip we spotted all the three prides of lions in that area..the marsh pride, the river pride and the peacock pride.
we saw a cheetah with her 2 cute babies .. we saw a male cheetah and another female with her young cub
we were lucky to have many leopard spotting s and even saw one with its zebra kill atop a tree
our night game drives were fruitful too where we saw a pride of lions and a leopard on the hunt.
the royal Mara people were happy to oblige us for night drives whenever we requested them to
the food was simply awesome .. the variety of soups and the desserts baffled us and the preparations were served right by the river an awesome feeling
the guides at royal Mara are well informed hence we went to see the migration/crossing on the right day at the right time ..and we saw a huge herd of wildebeests and zebras crossing
we even took a village tour which was nice
the ever smiling and friendly George Junior was there at the lodge during our stay and went out of his way to please customers .. even offering his hi-tech camera to one of the guests whose camera had conked off
The bathrooms were neat and clean and we had hot water whenever we wanted
A blissful place . nice decor lovely lodge and friendly people who know their business .. i would definitely recommend royal Mara as a favorite destination in the Masai Mara area
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Mara is a luxury safari and game viewing lodge located in Kenya's world famous Masai Mara, home to the annual Great Migration of the Wildebeest. We are situated directly on the Mara River with six riverfront guest suites. All suites are raised upon wooden decks with full mahogany flooring and original hand carved furniture. See the same wildlife-rich areas as broadcast on the BBC Big Cat Diary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Jovago.com so you can book your Royal Mara Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Mara Safari Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Royal Mara Safari Lodge Kenya/Masai Mara National Reserve