This camp was everything one would want. The tents, in covered structures, were very nice. The carvings in the furniture were fun to explore and what a talent. The accommodations were roomy, convenient, and nice; both inside and out. Big lounges and table and chairs sat under the covered deck overlooking the river. The hippos were the neighbors in the river. The food was great, served in nice settings, with plenty of fruits and vegetables. For lunch it was back at camp, out in the bush, or a pack lunch. The lodge offered a walking safari, with guards, to be out in the bush with some of the zebras and small animals. I personally loved the walks and the feeling of being in the middle of it "all." The safari trips were exciting as was watching the animals next move. Sometimes really close, too. The guide was excellent. Travel to and from excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Mara is a luxury safari and game viewing lodge located in Kenya's world famous Masai Mara, home to the annual Great Migration of the Wildebeest. We are situated directly on the Mara River with six riverfront guest suites. All suites are raised upon wooden decks with full mahogany flooring and original hand carved furniture. See the same wildlife-rich areas as broadcast on the BBC Big Cat Diary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Jovago.com so you can book your Royal Mara Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Mara Safari Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Royal Mara Safari Lodge Kenya/Masai Mara National Reserve