We can highly recommend the Royal Mara Safari Lodge. We booked through Abdul of Tunda Tours, who I contacted intially through Trip Advisor. When we arrived in Malindi he contacted us and we met to discuss tours. Abdul gave us several choices of lodges/tents in the Masai Mara, Abdul recommended the Royal Mara and we were not disappointed. We stayed for two nights and three days. Everything was perfectly arranged and so much attention to detail. The days activites ran like clockwork, and the food was perfect. Each lodge had an outdoor dining area, veranda and inside there was a lounge area and bedroom (two large single beds) which then led into the bathroom and roilet area. The lodge was tented, but within a wooden shell up on stilts. There were carvings of animals on the bed heads. The lodge is situated on the banks of the River Mara with 500 resident hippos!! You could hear them at night munching on the grass outside your lodge!! Brilliant!! We were up for 6am with hot drinks and then off on the early morning safari. We would return for breakfast, after which we had the choice to relax or go on a walk with an armed (!!) guide. Then back for lunch, and off for an afternoon safari until dark when we returned to the lodge - freshen up - and then dinner. Lights went out at 10.30pm!! All the guides and staff were very friendly. We saw four of the BIG five - so we were pleased. We would definitely return to the Royal Mara again, but would stay for longer next time. The lodge have plans for a restaurant extention overlooking the river, and a swimming pool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Mara is a luxury safari and game viewing lodge located in Kenya's world famous Masai Mara, home to the annual Great Migration of the Wildebeest. We are situated directly on the Mara River with six riverfront guest suites. All suites are raised upon wooden decks with full mahogany flooring and original hand carved furniture. See the same wildlife-rich areas as broadcast on the BBC Big Cat Diary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Jovago.com and Booking.com so you can book your Royal Mara Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Mara Safari Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Royal Mara Safari Lodge Kenya/Masai Mara National Reserve