We had 3 lovely days in Mara Explorer, The Camp was simply fantastic.
I am normally the skeptic type and would never rate anything 5 star, but must when it is called for.
The tents where absolutely lovely, with views over the river. The bathtub on the verandah was a great little extra, soaking up while looking down over the river and the wildlife. Everything very luxurious.
The food was simply fantastic. We never expected food in this great quality so far out in the bush, like a 5star restaurant in an European city. And the service; Godfrey was simply the best! I have rarely if ever experienced so attentive or personal service. He made every meal special. Maria loved her birthday song, and the cake:-)
The Game drives. We drove with Paul. Probably the most knowledgeable safari guide one could ever find. He simply knew everything there is to know! We were fortunate enough to see all the animals possible, and I am sure only due to the fact that we were driving with Paul. When we are going back to the Masai Mara, We will only be driving with Paul…Period!
Steve the camp manager was also amazing. Personal and attentive, and showed a real interest in how your day had gone by. Your jolly mood was fantastic and contagious. The overall management of the camp and the personnell make many luxury hotels look like amateurs.
In no way to neglect the rest of the personnel which where all simply fantastic. So Steve, Godfrey, Paul, and all the rest of you, thanks for simply amazing 3 days. We will be back as soon as we can.
Martin & Maria
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the world famous Masai Mara, Mara Explorer Camp is set on its own private peninsula, with each of its ten luxurious tents opening to the Talek River and the stunning savanna. The tents, equipped with all mod cons are set on wooden decks opening out to a private verandah where you can enjoy time alone in the wild away from it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Mara Explorer Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mara Explorer Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Mara Explorer Camp Kenya/Masai Mara National Reserve