One of our best Safari experiences ever. From the 'Karibu' greeting on arrival to the farewell hugs with established friends on departure we could find no fault with Mara Explorer Camp. Our knowledgeable guide Joseph was pointing out interesting sights from the well equipped (rain proof) Land Rover before we even reached camp - a few kilometers away - and over the next four days there is little we did not see and the trips were always different, comfortable and fascinating (the surprise Sundowner Sunset under the 'lone tree' a highlight. Even out of season there still appears to be a mini migration. We had an amazing three nights in tent 4 amongst the resident hippos and the food from Shadrack was simply amazing for such a remote spot in the middle of the bush. A special commendation to George, the Camp Manager for taking care of every detail, always available and attentive, for pulling together such a wonderful overall experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the world famous Masai Mara, Mara Explorer Camp is set on its own private peninsula, with each of its ten luxurious tents opening to the Talek River and the stunning savanna. The tents, equipped with all mod cons are set on wooden decks opening out to a private verandah where you can enjoy time alone in the wild away from it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Southall Travel and Ebookers so you can book your Mara Explorer Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mara Explorer Camp Hotel Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Mara Explorer Camp Kenya/Masai Mara National Reserve