“BEYOND AWESOME”
Review of Mara Bushtops

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Masai Mara National Reserve
Mara Bushtops
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Incredible family holiday in the Mara at Bushtops ! Alex & his magical team are super efficient . Peter & Senna provided us with unbelievable opportunities to view the animals at almost touching distance. The magic of Africa ensconed in the luxury of Bushtops ..... Beyond Awesome.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JEFFREY P

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We spent four amazing days and nights at Mara Bushtops. It is called Wild Luxury for good reason. The service was exceptional and the facilities from the tent with jacuzzi to the restaurant overlooking the wildlife watering hole could not be faulted. The food was exceptional. The safari vehicle provided every comfort and the romantic private lunches for two in the Masai Mara made for a memorable experience.
Above all the staff made every effort to make our honeymoon perfect.

Room Tip: This is a boutique hotel and all the rooms are privately located and have great views.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Just left mara Bushtops after 4 amazing days, the experience was truly magical. The staff are amazing both with such knowledge and care to make our few days (4 is not enough!!) truly special. Alfred and Joseph made our safaris very special and Lucy ensured nothing went amiss in the tent - tent is certainly a modest description !! It's been a very special few days, and we have already looked at dates to come back - can't be faulted, thanks to all.

Room Tip: We were in Jackal, but they all look fantastic
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Amazing holiday! I spent time at both the Mara Bushtops and Serengeti Bushtops and both were equally spectacular. What made the stay a Mara so special was the staff. I travelled alone and not once did I feel alone. Everyone made me feel like a special guest or friend. The food was amazing, I could not believe that this quality of food was available nor did I expect such beautiful accommodation.

The animal experiences were incredible and I saw things that I never expected to see - including black rhino, a cheetah preparing to hunt, lion cubs and so much more. I have had many safari holidays and my time here and at the sister camp were unsurpassed.

Every meal time the staff would come and talk to me, try and teach me Swahili (I was a very bad student), talk to me about my day and make sure everything was taken care of. They were so incredibly friendly.

A standout for me was having Daniel as my Field Guide - what a lovely man and so knowledgeable. There was not a thing that I asked that he could not answer and I so enjoyed our drinks at the end of the day where we talked and planned what we would do the next day. He managed to provide me with so many brilliant experiences and I saw so much - things I never expected I would get to see. Seeing four Black Rhino on the plains was an experience I will never forget. Stanley also was our eagle eyed Spotter - the man managed to find a leopard miles away, hiding in a tree, behind branches. All this without binoculars and while the rest of us were just trying to find the tree he was pointing at. Brilliant!

There is a lot of history at this camp and it is worthwhile reading the books available and asking about the family that lived there many years ago. I was told the most amazing stories.

You could not ask for a better location - it is outside the Maasai Mara park but only by about 10 minutes and being on its own Conservation you can have night drives which were great and sundowners which are really worth doing at least once. At the time I was there, there was a male lion patrolling his territory each night, giraffes in front of the rooms, elephants roaming around and all sorts of animals at the salt lick in front of restaurant - brilliant!

Thank you so much to Alex who provided many great conversations, Daniel who really is the most amazing person to show you the Maasai Mara (can not come back Daniel without having you taking me around), Stanley - who was just gorgeous and has eyesight that most of us would kill for and the restaurant staff who made sure I had as much wine as I needed and made sure I ate way more than I needed but it was completely worth it. I truly cannot wait to come back.

Room Tip: All rooms seems to be very good. I was in the Impala room which was close to the reception area and...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank VJ313
Reviewed 30 April 2014

My husband, son and I have just returned from spending three nights at Mara Bushtops. There are not enough superlatives to describe this amazing place with its amazingly friendly and attentive staff.

We arrived to an incredibly warm and friendly welcome and even though we were later than expected, Alex and his team immediately made us feel like the most special guests they had ever looked after. We were given a welcome drink and were introduced to our wonderful safari guide Daniel, who is the consummate professional. He was keen to tailor-make our safari experience and drew up our personal itininary. His knowledge on wildlife and the Mara proved to be outstanding.

We were absolutely speechless when we walked into the Leopard Suite, where we were to be staying. With its breathtaking views, palatial interior, and such attention to detail, our eyes flitted from one exquisite delight to another, hardly believing what we were experiencing, we giggled like school children.

After a stunning lunch, with equally stunning service, we very excitedly climbed aboard the rather splendid vehicle, to go on our first safari. Our beautiful Masai guide Senna joined us and our adventure began, and my goodness what an adventure we had.

Bushtops has exceeded all our expectations. From rosebuds in the hot-tub, hot water bottles in our bed and chocolates on the pillow each night, total privacy, five star luxury service, complimentary massages, the security of 24 hour service and knowing that Masai were guarding our tent each night, to the experience of seeing the wildlife, witnessing the amazing skill of the Masai and coming so close to the magnificence, that is, The Masai Mara, this was indeed the holiday of a life-time. Oh, and there’s the delicious food ............ Enough said!

Room Tip: The Leopard Suite is amazing, but all the tents are special
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Beryl3332014
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We stayed in March 2014 whilst on our honeymoon. We have never experienced such exquisite customer service. The staff are so friendly and accommodating. The rooms are beautiful and the food was great. We were lucky enough to see the big five during our short stay plus so much more. We loved all the small thoughtful touches such as the hot water bottles and the constant wow moments that I won't spoil for others. This was by far the best holiday we have had. Special thanks to Peter, Joseph, Alex and Senna who made the holiday so special. We hope to see you again soon

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Myself, my husband and my 12 year old daughter spent two nights at Mara Bushtops last week and an absolute ball! Apart from the fact that we were the only ones there and felt like movie stars. We were amazed with the hospitality of the staff and especially the Manager, Alex. He joined us for lunch and dinner and had loads of information to part with. The massages on the deck of our tents was sublime, after which we jumped into the hot tub which was also on the decking. The luxury tent was thoughtfully designed with every need in mind. Everything, including the massages was included as well our drinks and food. Truly full board and then some. The night game drive was exhilarating . We also had a an early morning game drive and breakfast in the bush. Hearing the Lion roaring at night was absolutely priceless along with the elephants trumpeting away. A memorable trip to say the least. If you are going to Mara, this is the place to stay. Would go again and again.

Room Tip: All rooms have a superb view, you cant go wrong.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family