“Magical Kenya”

First African Dream Tours & Safaris
Ranked #21 of 127 Outdoor Activities in Mombasa
More attraction details
Owner description: First African Dream Tours and Safaris is Tour company based in Nairobi Kenya offering day trips at affordable prices to travelers from all over the world.
Reviewed 28 October 2012

I was in safari with my sister and my fiance for 2 weeks at the beginning of october. It was our first time in Kenya. Unforgettable experience!
We booked our safari few months before, made an advance payment and everything was ok. The itinerary, lodges and financial arrangements were discussed with Mike, the owner. We booked a private safari for just the 3 of us and we visited Lake Nakuru, Amboseli, Tsavo West and Tsavo East. It is worth seeing each of these places as they are so different and unique. We have seen the big five and lots of other animals and birds.
Our driver, Nicky, was great, he knew how to spot the animals and explained to us many things about the people, places and animals. We have seen rhinos and flamingoes in Nakuru, lions in Amboseli, elephants and giraffes in Tsavo and many, many others.
Also, at the end of our stay in Kenya we have booked again with Mike one day Mombasa tour (great again, and if you book this, do not miss Haller Park - you can see great tortoise and feed the giraffes). It was a dream safari, something that you cannot compare with anything in Europe, and I recommend Mike and his company to anyone who wants to visit Kenya.

4  Thank Ionela P

Reviewed 22 September 2012

Very good team open and honest and succeeded in giving us a very good experience and very reasonable rates

2  Thank SuzyQ2Bath
Reviewed 12 August 2012

I used FAD a few months back for my safari to Tsavo and Amboseli parks. I stayed at Ashnil Aruba in Tsavo East, Ngulia in Tsavo West and Kibo camp in Amboseli on a 3 night and 4 day trip.
I met Mike in resort and checked the brochures to detail my tour. We agreed on a price and that was it, very straight forward and easy. My accomodation was spot on and the drives were excellent with plenty of wildlife seen. I would use or recommend FAD for anyone looking for a safari whilst in Kenya.

Reviewed 3 April 2012

We arrived for our 2 week stay at the all inclusive Voyager Hotel, Mumbasa.
Very good Hotel, entertaiment & food first class.
We had not pre-booked our safari but we were interested in visiting the Masai Mara, Mike contacted us from the beach as they are not permitted on the hotel grounds.
We were very hesitant wether to do business with him but he assured us that everything would be in order and not to worry, but he would required cash which we would have to be withdraw from the local Barclays bank, their computers were down so all moneys had to be taken from the cash machines debit / credit.
I have to be honest we did have some reservations about paying anything.
Mike organised the flights from Mombasa airport to a designated airstrip, and also the Fig Tree Lodge for two nights.
On our first trip out we did not many animals.
Day two we had a masa mari guide " what a difference ( reccomended ) we seen plenty of wild life all except the Rhino which are very rare.
We had breakfast in the bush which is amazing !.
All in all we had a superb time.
The Fig Tree Lodge, is highly reccomended. on our return flight back,Mike was waiting to take us back to the hotel.
It has to be said these guys cut out the middle men so can do it much cheaper !
I have read all the reviews reference Mike's past efforts, but I think he has learnt by his mistakes. Mike made every effort to ensure we were look after, ( A great guy )

1  Thank Allan P
See more reviews
Reviewed 14 February 2012

As others have already said in their reviews, Mike Musyoka was very efficient with e-mail replies offering his various safaris. We were unable to organise a deposit by bank transfer in time before leaving Scotland for Kenya but this was not a problem. Mike came to our hotel and discussed our requirements and we paid the whole cost of the safari then. We took a 4 day safari to Tsavo East, Amboseli and Tsavo West and it was no problem changing from the original booking for Tsavo East and West only. We paid a reasonable price for a very experienced driver called Salim to take us on our once in a lifetime safari where we had the van totally to ourselves. We saw, and took photos of, over 2,000 animals and birds of over 200 different species. Salim was very patient as my partner is a keen photographer and took over 2,000 photos! He pointed out lots of animals we hadn't even noticed and was able to name them for us. We are both really glad that we chose First African Dream Safaris and if we were ever fortunate enough to be able to take a safari again in the future we would contact Mike to see if we could visit the Masai Mara next time. Incidently. Salim arranged a visit to a local Masai village for us as he knew the chief's son. That was a real eyeopener! As a final note, the chosen accommodation at each park was excellent too and all very different and the 'tented' accommodation had the best shower and a spectacular view of Kilimanjiro at 6 am!

8  Thank Yvonne M