“Serene”

Midview Central Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mombasa
Midview Central Hotel
Ranked #35 of 58 Hotels in Mombasa
Nairobi, Kenya
“Serene”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2013

I just checked out of Midview Hotel in New Year 2013, spent my holidays during Christmas there. The staff there actually exceeded my expectations being the first time I was in Mombasa. Very courteous, humble, patient with clients like me and above all, I was blown away by their honesty. I left my wallet in the room (there are no safes yet) and it had a lot of money. At first I was on a panic mode when I realised I left the wallet there and rushed back to the hotel only to find that the person assigned to clean my room ( a lady) found my wallet and communicated to the Customer Care official who kept it for me (everything intact!). I was blown away by this! I also enjoyed their meals, the aerobics in the swimming pool and the evening entertainment especially the live band on New Years Eve! The hotel is also very beautiful and classic and very serene - I don't like noisy neighbourhoods and Midview Hotel gave me the peace and serenity that I needed! Special thanks to their staff, keep it up. I will be back!

Room Tip: Family Rooms are excellent for a couple with young kids and less costly as well.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Angel S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Nairobi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

We stayed at Midview for a night in January 2012. The restaurant is alright and the food was really fresh and tasted like home cooked food which we loved.

The room was however not very good. I think they could do better on beddings and the condition of the bathrooms. My colleagues' bathroom would flood whenever they used the shower.

The Hotel uses electronic key cards which operate the electricity switches, which I suppose saves them a tonne in power costs, but also means guests can't leave their electronics charging when going downstairs for meals. This was a bummer.

We got a guide to take us to the beach, which was rather disappointing. The road the the beach is very bushy and looked dangerous.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Kellie M
london
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2010

the hotel was nice and lovely,
i am a person who has to see the room before i stay in the hotel,
As i came in i made this know to the receptionist and the manager sent a member of staff to take me around to make a choice of what room i would like, which made me feel welcomed and gave me options.
as i was not familiar with the area i needed to call family and friend to let them know where i was and the receptionist kindly offered to go an extra mile to send someone to get me the air time to make those important phone call.
internet was easy to get to which alloud me to speak to some family back home in the uk.
for me its the little things that people choose to do that counts,
i say their staff are well trained.....

i will definately be back when i visit mombasa in the near future

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank jetlangy
Nairobi, Kenya
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2010

i stayed in 410....nice room indeed,i like the place so much en miss been there..
the staff are welcoming,
i also liked they breakfast ..

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank kashore
Mombasa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2010

I was there over the Easter holiday with my family and the experience was not what we expected for a new hotel!

The receptionists were not well equipped with information, we had a car that had blocked our car when we arrived and they colud not trace the owner of the car! and yet he/she was a guest at the hotel, we stayed over an hour at the reception with hungry children.

I had booked for two days so i cancelled and stayed for one night. The manager at that time promised to refund my money via Mpesa on 5/04/2010 but upto now nothing has been done apart from empty promises every time i call him.
Esther Mulli