“Simply awesome”
Review of Freddy Safaris - Day Tours - CLOSED

Freddy Safaris - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Freddy Safaris is a tour operator company who's commitment is to offer tour operator services in the whole of East Africa by taking people with a passion for wildlife, cultural heritage, adventure and exploration to the region's prolific wildlife, and involve you in holiday safaris, honeymoon or romantic safaris, historical safaris, photographic specialized safaris, climbing Africa's highest mountains, self drive safaris, bird watching safaris, camping safaris, walking safaris, biking safaris and horse riding safaris.
Londonderry, Vermont
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Simply awesome”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Just returned from a 3 day safari with Freddy Safari and have to say it was one of the greatest experiences you could imagine. From the first day I started researching safari companies Freddy responded promptly and gave us all the information I requested. The price was very, very reasonable compared to other companies I contacted but the safari itself was top drawer compared to some other ones after speaking to other holiday makers. Our guide Abdul was very knowledgeable and had eyes like a hawk, assante sanna Abdul.We saw lots of elephant, zebra and giraffe, and also saw a female cheetah and her cub then a male cheetah, leopard, rhino, water buffalo, waterbuck, wharthog, hyena, impala, and even a pack of African wild dogs. Thank you very much Freddy and Abdul, a never to be forgotten experience.

Visited February 2014

Scarborough, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Excellent in every way”
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

I had researched the safari companies in Kenya and contacted many of them for prices and itinerarys a few months before I left the uk as I was keen to bk in advance. Freddy always responded very quickly with informative information. Which continued after I booked. His price was the best and will work the safari to fit your needs. I sent the money over before we flew out and he even cAme to our hotel the night before to confirm everything with us. Morris our driver was excellent, I would pay the extra and go on a private safari next time rather than sharing with 2 other couples. Do not hesitate to book with Fred, also do not wait until you are in Kenya to book I would book well in advance direct with Fred

Newport, United Kingdom
“Simply The Best”
Reviewed 23 December 2013

We booked our Safari before we went as they were recomended by a work colleague. Could not fault it, we were picked up at 05.30 on the first morning by the most polite, well spoken friendly driver you could have wanted. The lodge we stopped at for lunch had amazing views and good food. The one we stayed at overnight was just as good. The best of course were the animals we saw, the only thing we missed was a rino. We saw elephants,zebra,girraffs,gazelle,crocodile,hippo's and more. The best was when we sat & waited to see the lions that were coming very slowly down the hillside, our driver knew something was about to happen, then we noticed a herd of buffalo coming towards us on the right,the lions raced down, as the buffalo saw them they headed off in the other direction but the lions were to quick and i actually got a photo of a lion hanging on the back of a buffalo. It was the best experience ever. I would recommend Freddy's to anyone they are a very reliable and value for money. Thanks to our driver Sammy you are fab, and Freddy well what a nice guy.

Visited October 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Chicago, Illinois
“Freddy Safaris is the way to go!!”
Reviewed 11 December 2013

My wife and I booked a hotel in South Coast, Mombasa and a 2 night safari to Amboseli with Freddy Safaris. Freddy is an amazing man - he was so cooperative with all my calls and emails to him. Also, the driver he sent along, Sammy, was awesome too!

Thanks to Freddy Safaris for making our anniversary so memorable!

Visited December 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One Day Safari From Mombasa to Tsavo East”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I found Freddy on the net just like almost everyone who is not from Mombasa would do. Freddy beat the best price that I could find anywhere else. But as you know a low price is not always the best company to go with. Freddy answered all my questions. I wanted to see the vehicle we would go to the park in the night before, Freddy had his driver bring a vehicle but said that this was not the exact van that we would be in the next day, bait and switch maybe, no the next day we had an even nicer van.
As for the driver, Freddy said he would be at our place at 0500, his driver was there at 0500 on the dot! Not always the case in this part of the world. The driver is the most important part of a safari, if the driver is aggressive you may die on the highway before you ever make it to the park. Freddy's driver, Sammy, was careful and safe in his driving and we were able to complete the safari safely. Sammy was one of the best tour drivers at the park the day we were there. How do I know that, other drivers had heard that there was a lion in one area of the park. Sammy was the first driver to spot the lion, even after other drivers had just passed the same spot. We were able to watch the lion and get all the pictures we wanted before at least a dozen or more drivers came racing to the area to see the lion, three of which were the drivers who had missed the lion and were turning around to get back to the area.
If I had to do another safari in Kenya I would use Freddy. Thanks,
Lee
PS - Curio shop stop on the way to the park is overpriced. Restaurant stop is lacking.

Visited December 2013