“Incredible Food, Great Choice for Vegetarians and Non-Vegetarians”
Review of Singh Restaurant

Singh Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 134 Restaurants in Mombasa
Price range: US$6 - US$12
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: In April 1962, as Mombasa was growing into one of East Africa's busiest ports, Dalip Singh Wilkhu had a vision. While working as a signal operator for East African Railways, he was inspired to feed arriving visitors while preparing packaged meals for those preparing to depart. Singh Restaurant was born. Since then, Singh Restaurant has fed generations of people from various walks of life... Providing lunches and dinners for entire groups of workers, for families, for individuals... And becoming one of the most popular tourist destinations in the region, and drawing visitors from nearby cities such as Nairobi and Dar es Salaam. Our success comes from high quality in all aspects of our business, from the food we serve, to our operational efficiency, to the atmosphere we provide our visitors from the moment they walk in, until the moment they depart. Our quality of food and quality of service has helped Singh Restaurant gain recognition as the most highly recommended Indian restaurant in Mombasa by sources including TripAdvisor and Lonely Planet.
London, United Kingdom
“Incredible Food, Great Choice for Vegetarians and Non-Vegetarians”
Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

The last time I went to Mombasa, my husband took me to Singh restaurant. Walking into this unassuming restaurant, I thought I knew what to expect. I have been to so many punjabi restaurants, but boy was I surprised. The staff were so welcoming. The service was fast, which is wonderful when you have children with you. But the best part was the food....I can still remember the smell and the taste of the butter chicken. We also ordered the tawa fish, karahi chicken, chilli paneer and mari chicken. All the dishes had unique flavours. To top it off, they keep bringing free chappati's...what a great idea!!! I can't believe anyone else hasn't thought of this. To sum it up, if you want to taste authentic food that packs a punch with each mouthful, check out Singh restaurant. I will definitely be back next time I visit Mombasa (might actually need to visit Mombasa sooner rather than later to go to this place again, my mouth is watering already!!! ).

5 Thank c0meflyaway

• Finnish first
London, United Kingdom
“Great food and perfect service!”
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Delicious Indian food. A must to visit, personal service and fab food. Would go again. Food made according to personal preference.

• Visited December 2013
3 Thank J2holidays
London, United Kingdom
“Best of the best. One of a kind. Finger licking good”
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Amazing food. Family owned recipes. I have been gojng there for 30+ years. A must try for all visitors to Mombasa.

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank Dipan S
Masai Mara National Reserve, Kenya
“The best Indian in Mombasa”
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I have loved this place since i first visited over 7 years ago. The tables have plastic coverings but do not let that put you off. The chilli chicken starter is fantastic, and the mutton main were and still are my favourites. The unlimited roti comes straight from the oven and is very tasty. This restaurant has been here since the late 60's and you can see why. Definitely visit.

Visited November 2013
3 Thank Bushpig1
Mombasa, Kenya
“Great chicken”
Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

The place has kept the traditional recipe for the chicken masala curry, a taste that one cannot kept.
It goes well with polka chapatis that come steaming hot as you enjoy the gravy

Visited November 2013