“A truly amazing place to kick back”
Review of Nesma Homes

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mombasa
Nesma Homes
Nairobi, Kenya
“A truly amazing place to kick back”
Reviewed 17 December 2013

We stayed here for 3 days and wish I could have stayed longer. We had reserved a one bedroom chalet and was received very well by Tuesday and the Nesma team. The chalet rooms (which I strongly recommend) have that vintage feel with american styled kitchens, nice TV and good air conditioning equipment. Nesma is located very close to Nakumatt Nyali which realy easened the shopping hustle, the famous Bob's club is right round the corner and the classy La Veranda restaurant is close as well. The facilities are top class, the staff are very attentive and understanding. Overall a very well put together set up, with very competent staff (Tuesday) and I would go back there in a heartbeat. Truly a charming little home away from home.

Room Tip: The chalets for me a touch classier than the suites. Definitely go for the upstairs rooms for a lit...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Bakran A, Owner at Nesma Homes, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Hi Patrick,

We are delighted to hear from you and very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I shall definitely pass on the message to all the staff at nesma homes as i am sure they will be delighted. We hope to have you back again and again to your home away from home! Asante Sana!

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Kampala, Uganda
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I made reservations for a week at Nesma Homes a few months ago, but we were so disappointed that we could only stay 1 night.

To start with, I couldn't see it on my Google maps app so I called to get directions and the person who answered the phone wasn't helpful. We managed to find our way there.

On arrival, the reception was closed, we were welcomed by someone like a watchman, going by the way he was dressed and talked. He got us a key after making a few calls.

The unit we got had 2 single beds, yet I'd specified I needed a double. The man told us they don't have any with a double bed. The bedroom was so small, bathroom lousy, leaking, then the tank above the bathroom also started leaking into the bathroom.

It just kept getting worse with every passing minute. We only stayed because we were tired and decided to find another place in the morning.

Room Tip: I'm told the new section has better apartments
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JoshTwin
Bakran A, Owner at Nesma Homes, responded to this review, 4 July 2013
Hello Josh,

firstly, kindly accept our apologies for your below par experience. We had a few prolems in terms of staffing and unfortunately your experience with us was not as it should be, however, i do assure you that the issue has been resolved. We are currently in the planning process of upgrading our chalets wing in order to better the standard as well. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to nesma homes.
London
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I stayed here for 5 months from Aug last year and it really was my home from home. The facilities are fantastic and the staff are so attentive and will do everything to ensure your stay is comfortable. It's in a great location very central and accessible to local amenities. I would recommend Nesma homes to everyone. Thank you

• Stayed August 2012
Bakran A, Owner at Nesma Homes, responded to this review, 10 April 2013
Thanks Fran! Glad we were able to make your stay with us enjoyable, it was a pleasure hosting you. A big hello from all the staff and we look forward to welcoming you back home! Karibu!
Nairobi
Reviewed 2 February 2013

I write this from my two room apartment here at nesma and I have to say I could not ask for a better, cleanerand more comfortable stay. Being on business it is not unusual to find myself staying two or so nights at some low end hotels just to end up spending my last day or two at the much more high end hotels as a way to crown my visit to magical Mombasa, but a run into nesma has changes my perception on stays in Mombasa.
The rooms are very spacious, clean and with more than the average amenities, security is great, the swimming pool clean and spacious enough for some good exercise, the gym is well equipped and better still the rates and idea location make it the perfect hide away to enjoy Mombasa for what it is, just ten minutes from city mall I can get all I need within minutes, proximity to all of nyalis entertainment spots is an advatege for the party animals and most of all the fact that one can actually walk from the malls back into the apartments makes it ideal for any traveller. Thanks nesma staff for making my stay very pleasurable and I will definitely be back time and time again. A real jewel right in the heart of nyali this is....

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Bakran A, Owner at Nesma Homes, responded to this review, 21 February 2013
Thank you for the wonderful words Wachira!! It truly is great to recieve positive feedback from our clients.I shall pass on the message to all our staff and we look forward to welcoming you back time and time again! Karibu sana...
Zug
Reviewed 3 December 2011

me and my girlfriend stayed at this place at the beginning of november after searching for self contained apartments in mombasa and i have to say i was very happy with the place! Friendly staff, spacious rooms and most importantly clean. there's a nice pool there but we spent most of our time in the sea. The 24 hour reception was very helpful for organizing us food and taxis etc. If like us you dont want to spend your entire holiday within a hotels walls this is the perfect place and with reasonable rates! Its right next to a huge supermarket that would put most supermarkets here in switzerland to shame, also nearby are the most happening clubs & bars and its about a 10 minute walk to the beach! we would do our shopping in the huge nakumatt in the morning, have breakfast, then off to the beach for the day. we also went to nearby restaurants or to the tembo disco and could even walk home safely from there as it was really well lit. All in all we had a great time and really enjoyed being independant yet very comfortable. we actually did everything we were planning to do and we definitely would stay here again if we go for holidays to mombasa again!

Room Tip: we had the pool view apartments and its a nicer view.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dooly_zg
Bakran A, Owner at Nesma Homes, responded to this review, 4 December 2011
Thank you for the kind words Dooly, it was a pleasure having such fun loving people as yourselves with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!!! Regards from all the Nyali Chalets staff....