“Awesome”

Twiga Lodge
Kenya
“Awesome”
Reviewed 20 March 2009

We stayed at the Twiga Lodge over New years(09) and had a great time! Tiwi itself is generally a peaceful option while in Mombasa,and being at the beach front at Twiga lodge...was simply heavenly! Am very particular about showers and toilets,and Twiga lodge didnt let me down on this one. They were always clean and fresh. Am looking forward to spending another one week there already:-)

• Stayed December 2008, travelled with friends
1 Thank Shiruz

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
benidorm
Reviewed 28 January 2007

We stayed at Twiga Lodge 2nd to 4th Jan 2007.
There is a range of accomodation from a campsite through to apartments overlooking the beach where we stayed.
The whole establishment is quite attractive and is in a good position overlooking Tiwi beach which we liked.
It is all run by a cheerful efficient lady, who unfortunately is rather let down by her staff, our wardrobe still had litter from previous occupants.
There are two parts to the restaurant one part almost on the beach. One night, we thought we would eat in the part near the beach.
When we told the waiter this he blurted out that at this time of night, nearly 8.30, we would be lucky to be served at all and certainly not where they had to walk a bit further.
I could not believe he was serious but he assured me he was.
The food was reasonable with enormous breakfasts.
The rest of our time we spent next door at Coral Cove Cottages which was superb and cheaper too.

Mike Reed

Stayed January 2007
2 Thank coolshooz

Travellers are raving about these Mombasa hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 August 2005

For me Tiwi beach was paradise. Coming from the winter in Europe along Nairobi and busy but charming Mombasa Tiwi beach and Twiga Lodge were a great place for relaxation. We came by taxi after an hour drive from Mombasa and take a one mile muddy track from the main road to arrive there in a shower that really seemed to be a flood. I thought: my God what are we looking here for ? But the rain stops gradually and in the evening it was already over. We take a rooom in the big recently constructed building that has three floors and 7 rooms with attached bathrooms and terrace.
I am not a permanently wheelchair-user but I take it everywhere with me. And it was wheelchair accessible ! On ly the sandy beach is difficult. But it is also not so far to the reef protected lagoon. You could only swim when it was high tide.

The room was clean and the bathroom cleaner. The comfort was well enough. Much space and spotlessly clean were the strong points.

But the ocean and the sound of the waves together with the beach and the
palmtrees made it like pradise.

There were also (unfortable) cottages and campingsites which you could hire for 2 € a day. We paid for a room 15 € a day breakfast not included. You could use that in the restaurnat for 3 € and main dishes were also
3 to 4 euro The list of dishes was short there was not much variety. But

We stay there six happy days. And had no sense to do anything but sitting and looking tot the african people. I take a one hour massage for 9 euro.
I bought every day a newspaper. Or I read in a book. Ans of course I took a shower or a dive in the water.

And always they came to sell things.

Look and mind the sun. Stay in the shadow of the palmtrees, take a disc player and some cassical music of relaxation music and dream away. And go to their before eveyone has discovered it.

• Stayed December 2004
21 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mombasa
Diani Backpackers
#12 of 32 in Ukunda
Coastgate Hotel
Coastgate Hotel
#15 of 51 in Mombasa

Been to Twiga Lodge? Share your experiences!