“5* service”

Ranked #7 of 51 Mombasa B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“5* service”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Great hotel, great location.

As an international traveller I have quiet high expectations of the hotels i stay in, particularily with regards to cleanliness and customer service. Every aspect of this hotel is excellent, the rooms are modern, beds comfortable, bathrooms clean and the shower hot. The food is great, the roof pool and bar an added bonus.

The real gem of this hotel is the staff, i stayed in top hotels around the world and not received the standard of care i received at Mona Lisa, nothing was too much trouble.

If you are looking for a hotel in Mtwapa, this is, in my view probably the best for price, location and quality.

Would defo recommend and will stay again on my next visit.

PB

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Paul B
MonalisaMtwapa, Guest Relations Manager at The Monalisa Hotel, responded to this review, 30 June 2013
Thanks for your wonderful review! We are always happy when we have satisfied customers. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Nairobi
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Keep up the great service. The hotel environment was so beautiful and serene, warm an loving reception, the meals were wonderfully prepared and brought within the specified time. the rooms are spacious and clean, nice balcony my daughter loved it. roof top swimming pool is a great idea for the hotel, so beautiful. I suggest that there should be a provision for n extra coffee table for people with families who would like room service. We will definitely visit again

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

MonalisaMtwapa, Guest Relations Manager at The Monalisa Hotel, responded to this review, 30 May 2013
Thanks for the review! We are glad that your family enjoyed their holiday. We will put in place a big coffee table for families as per your suggestion. See you next time!
Mombasa, Kenya
Reviewed 19 May 2013

The room was quite enchanting, the comfort was so exquisite, I slept so soundly thinking I was at home, almost missing out on the breakfast. I will most certainly revisit, this place is quite the unforgettable. Keep it up. Oh and by the way , room service ... you guys know your stuff a little too well. Very prompt, very swift, I think too efficient. Am one satisfied customer,

Room Tip: Rooms on the Second Floor
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
MonalisaMtwapa, Guest Relations Manager at The Monalisa Hotel, responded to this review, 21 May 2013
Thanks for your feedback! We are very glad you happily overslept, our flexible check-out hours are designed to ensure your maximum comfort. Please come visit us again!
Kampala, Kampala, Uganda
Reviewed 29 April 2013

This is a new hotel situated in mtwapa, with all facilities still new and in good condition, the rooms are very nice, each room is fitted with an AC, flat screen and WIFI, though the connection was not good.
the breakfast was great, though not with a lot of varieties, they also have a fully stocked bar with all beers and spirits.
the hotel is also very near the main road, so there is no hussle in getting public transport....its also near the night clubs, kasaurina, bannhoff and kendass,

its just a five minutes drive to haller park,

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
MonalisaMtwapa, Guest Relations Manager at The Monalisa Hotel, responded to this review, 30 April 2013
Thanks for your review!
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed 25 April 2013

This was the best hotel i have ever been in kenya. Food was great. The room was clean. The only thing which was bad the showers had shock. Also on my last day in kenya i had a bad experience with them i ordered food to my room two of the plates fell off because they were stuck on the same tray it was an accident so i had to pay ksh 1390 and also payed ksh 500 extra for plates and food to me was unfair.There wasnt internet. But other services were great.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks for your feedback, it is very much appreciated and will go towards making improvements at Monalisa Hotel
Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed 10 April 2013

I was longing for a break from the hectic schedule I had at work and Easter was right around the corner.I wanted a place with a beach, somewhere I could really relax and get back to work renewed.I heard about Monalisa Hotel in Mtwapa, Mombasa from a friend and my friends and I decided to try it out.
The hotel is hidden from the busy road and provides a serene atmosphere, perfect for those like me who need to get away. It is only a 10 minute drive from the beach which is great.
I loved the food in Monalisa Hotel, they make the best pancakes!
I always like a clean hotel, so I appreciated the care taken into hygiene.
I enjoyed my holiday there and I recommend others to go there as well.

Joanah M

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends

1 Thank JoanahM
MonalisaMtwapa, Owner at The Monalisa Hotel, responded to this review, 11 April 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Karibu tena!
Nairobi
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I had an excellent time at Monalisa Hotel, Mtwapa. The hotel was clean, well taken care of, close to public transport and the rate affordable.

I had breakfast by the penthouse pool, the chef was kind enough to accomodate my requests and the service as top of the range. I would definitely stay at Monalisa Hotel next time i am in Mombasa

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends

1 Thank LeahNairobi
MonalisaMtwapa, Guest Relations Manager at The Monalisa Hotel, responded to this review, 10 April 2013
Thanks! We look forward to seeing you again when you are back in Mtwapa!